Audirvana Studio - Analyzing is changing original music files

Audirvana Studio Analyzing is changing the music file size… I think it is updating the matadata of each file without our notices.

I am using Intel NUC PC for Audirvana playback with hard drive attached.

My primary source of 3.5TB+ music files are located in a Desktop PC. Any new music files (Downloaded or Ripped) and Changes to existing matadata will be updated in Primary source (Desktop PC) and sync regularly with Intel NUC PC (Audirvana system).

Now BIG problem, Audirvana Studio is changing all files and I am getting out of sync issues between my Desktop PC and Audirvana PC.

Why Audirvana is touching my original files without owner’s concern?

If this continues, I will QUIT Audirvana Studio and stick with Audirvana 3.5.

I could see 30 to 70 bytes are added to original music files

Kindly do not change the original files.

1 Like

There is a 326 (at this moment) reactions counting discussion

1 Like

I am happy with my existing backup plan without any issues until I bring the Audirvana Studio… I don’t see any flaw in my backup plan… pls check your original file and compare with Audirvana Studio recent synced folder… you will see the size differences of each file.

Devs are aware of this issue and plan to address it in an upcoming build.

1 Like

I am happy with your reply… many thanks…

Hello Parvin,

The only advice that I can tell you is to quit immediately the application.
Then go to this thread and check it carefully before resuming your trial of AS.

Transparency on what Studio is analyzing the library for

1 Like

Hi Pravin,
As @Doudou already mentioned there is a whole discussion already about this topic. A lot of people are concerned/upset about Audirvana altering files without permission.
@Antoine already reacted in this thread and has promised to make a fix for that. In the meantime DO NOT startup Audirvana Studio until this is fixed (because then it will start ‘analyzing’ and change your files again without your permission). I surely hope that the trial period will be extended because of this (or the fix will be coming amply before the trial period ends). Because now I am not able to evaluate Audirvana Studio because of this issue.

Apologies for my poor communication. It was not with the final response about the backup. This total discussion was about adjusting the files.