Audirvana Studio and What it Means for Audirvana 3.5 Users

audirvana studio=> audirvana 4.0=> 129.99 US$
3.5 to 4.0 upgrade cost =>29.99 US$

hope…

It’s more like 3.5 => Audirvana Studio (4.0) 50$ for the first year. At that price I’ll give it a go. There is a lot to like in the new version, but we’ll see how much uptake is there with the new users at full price. I was expecting a monthly price at around 5$ per month.

Didn’t the video outline prices $70 annual, $7 monthly

Special deals 3.5 owners $ 50 for the first year then $70

Did I miss something

Thanks Jud, I’ve been out the game for a while. Can you link me to the RunHomeSlow section please?

Hi Damien. What a surprise to see the subscription model apperpar. And sad to see the original typface abandoned. I’ll be trying kut the new format with great anticipation.
Phil

So I just purchase 3.5 2 weeks ago Now I have to pay another 49.00 for an upgrade That should be free just like JRIVER,This business model is wrong but they will find out Great product bad business model

1 Like

Subscription is already announced and planned. Too late.

The best solution is now to offer a licence 4.0 with 1 year only updates.
Audirvana should remain “lifetime” functional, with just ads showing new versions.

I would pay again an upgrade price for a major Version Update. But subscription, really? … I’m out. Left Adobe years ago cause this. Hopefully 3.5 runs still many years.

5 Likes

‘‘Left Adobe years ago […]’’ -> yes the Affinity suite is excellent!

Anyway, I’m also out if Subscription is the only option for the next Audirvana releases.

Moreover I never heard about a huge survey or so to know if users accept this change in the business strategy. But I just heard about this ‘already made’ change this Sunday and with the announcement by email.

I expected a huge Audirvana update — that it is — with a paid update for, let’s say, the 4.0 release. Once more, that’s really a bad new to me.

3 Likes

Subscriptions will starve developers. Why? This is because the majority of users are against it and are not interested. Are you watching Damian? If you are watching, please leave a comment. There is no customer center, and even if I inquire by e-mail, there is no reply. What do you believe to buy if you don’t have faith?

3 Likes

You can transform your recently purchased license into certain number if months of subscription with a discount. Contact support after the Audirvana Studio is out.

I’m sure either Damien or Manuel said on the Facebook launch that people who bought 3.5 recently would get Audirvana Studio free for the first year, or at a vastly subsidised rate. Don’t sue me if I recollect that wrong :smile: but I wasn’t listening too intently at that point as it didnt affect me.

And after this year i have to pay every month/year to use the software. I have few money and there is no space for more subscriptions than tidal.

Use the Tidal app then. It’s free.

Je pensais avoir acheté une licence à vie pour le lecteur Audirvana.
In fine Qobuzz me fournis 70 millions de titres en qualité CD ou HI-RES pour 19,00 € par mois, avec un vrai travail de mise en ligne, de recherche, de créations de playlist originales…et si j’ai bien compris je vais devoir payer un loyer mensuel pour les lire…gag
Faites comme comme moi, mes amis de PPL et Hifi-Bordeaux distributeurs du “Nucleus Roon” se feront un plaisir de vous vendre un l’interface avec un an d’abonnement à Roon offert.
Même cette interface de forum a des bugs…j’ecrit se feront et ca affiche ce fera

Combien de temps pensez vous que les Qobuz, Tidal et autres vont mettre à développer une application de lecture digne de ce nom et bit perfect ?
C’est eux les boss, car ils possèdent le principal, c’est a dire le contenu.
Ce n’est qu’une question de temps, les moyens ils les ont.

Yep C# SQL Server developer amongst other things , long retired, now professional music listener :face_with_monocle: when I’m allowed

1 Like

I’ve got version 3.2 for Mac and would like to upgrade to 3.5 while I can. But when I enter the order number from my Avangate email confirming my purchase (into the page to request an upgrade)I get an error message.

Tidal app already plays bit-perfect. It has to to be able in order to play MQA content on MQA capable DACs.

1 Like

Hi there
Did someone ever tried Amarra SQ+ (for Mac):
https://sites.fastspring.com/sonicstudio/product/samasqp

1 Like