Audirvana Studio Problems and the Help Desk

Too many problems, and a help desk that won’t solve them.

1. Apparently you can’t set up an Audirvana Forum account using the same email that you used for setting up your regular Audirvana account. I tried. 3 times. Finally went to another email, and now I’m here.

Help Desk Response after explaining this multiple times and checking the spam folder: have you looked in your spam folder?

1. After only 2-3 weeks, and about 15-20 folder in, I got messages that there were too many folders. I was told as a subscriber though that there was no limit to syncing music files.

Help Desk: why haven’t you put all your folders into one big folder?

1. Audirvana simply can’t handle many box sets under a single folder, and it often completely screws up song order, sometimes putting several discs into one.

Help Desk: just won’t answer.

1. Audirvana’s sound output is very unstable, and has trouble consistently holding on to the selection of bluetooth speakers, often defaulting to the internal speakers. I tried the lock multiple times. Did it work? I can’t tell.

Help Desk: from the logs you did this, then that happened, then something else, etc. (gibberish non response).

Why am I paying for this?

Problems can exist, not saying there is none here…
but, you had 30 days free to test before buying
(or even ask for a longer time free to test)…

Rhetorical Question I’m sure.

Hi @MusicaMan1959

I will answer you on the forum instead by email since you have been able to create an account:

Yes, I asked you to look in your spam folder; it’s the first thing I ask when there is no mention from the customer if he checked his spam inbox.

In the end, as far as I see, your issue was with Gmail. Google recently changed the way its server gets email from other servers. In this specific scenario (only Gmail accounts are affected as it is linked to the way they detected SPF, DKIM, and DMARC in the email received on their servers (more on this from their blog), you do not receive any email at all.

We fixed the issue, and Gmail users should now receive the email to create their account on the forum.

The limit is more about macOS than Audirvāna. MacOS has a resource limit for the number of top folders an application can monitor. Hence, the limit in Audirvāna for the number of synchronized folders you can add.

Fortunately, this is limited only to the top folders you can add. All the subfolders below are synchronized, and the number of subfolders is unlimited.
That’s why the standard advice is to add the topmost folders you can, the ones where your music is below.

You use Dropbox with your computer the same way you use OneDrive. Dropbox needs to read all audio files’ metadata to index them, and it then requires storage on your computer to be indexed in Audirvāna. You still can use Audirvāna by changing the default app to play your music for Audirvāna when you open the file in Finder, but you won’t be able to index all your albums in the app unless you use a NAS.

You mentioned this in your email: “Say for instance I ask Studio to upload The Jack Johnson Miles Davis sessions, with 6 albums: Studio just jams it all into disordered collections.”

Can you please post a screenshot of this in the forum so I can look at what you are referring to?

I wanted to know your steps to play BT speakers in Audirvāna. Can you please explain step by step what you have done?

1 Like