AUDIRVANA TOTAL CRASH (fatal error)

For whatever reason, Audirvana+ totally disengaged ALL MY MUSIC/PLAYLISTS, EVERYTHING! None of my external volumes (drives) show though they are not compromised in any way. However I did need to reformat the externals as APFS volumes. (MACBOOK PRO-2018-CATALINA 10.15.7).
I got the fatal error notice at time of crash…
Should I uninstall A+ and reinstall adding my license? DEFINITELY NEED DIRECTION!!

Audirvana doesn’t install anything on Mac…
you just drop the application in the applications folder…
your license will be the same…

if you erased your Mac and you don’t have a backup of your database and preferences of Audirvana,
you will need to start over, just add your music folder in the preferences, it will load your music again like it was before… tags are wrote in the music files. But you will lost your playlists starting new… the playlists are saved with the database…

If you have a backup, put back the 2 prefs and the database where they were before the crash… you will be at the same point before the crash…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
take that folder… the database is inside and put it back at the same place in your new mac reformat

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and
com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder and put it back at the same place

Then, restart Mac just to be sure, and restart Audirvana

I have tried all your suggestions but to no avail.There was no “Show Library folder” even with cmd J…and no path to User, Home Folder, Library, Applications Support, Audirvana Folder. Also could not find any.plist files. Perhaps something got lost in translation. I have searched everywhere and none of your suggestions seemed to fit my current Operating System which is 10.15.7 Catalina.

When you click your home folder every mac has one see it as list don’t click anything in it
and cmd j (show info window) at the bottom

Open computer… the are 4 folders in… Home folder… little house

If you never used audirvana on new reformated mac, you wont have a database and preferences :grinning:

Just drop audirvana in applications folder, enter serial and add a music folder when ask

Yes perhaps the reformatted EXTERNAL DRIVES will need to be attached again by re-dropping audirvana in the applications folder. That’s what I meant when I said “Should I uninstall A+ and reinstall adding my license?” So I wasn’t very clear about that. I’ll give this a shot in a few days & get back with you…Thanks for hanging with me while I try & figure this out!

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.