Audirvana will not import playlists

Hello, I’m using the latest version of Audirvana and it simply will not import my playlists. I’ve been exporting them from iTunes and I know the m3U files work because Jriver imports them just fine (I also checked several of the filepaths in notepad and they’re correct.)

I was hoping to go with Audirvana over Jriver since I like the interface way more; however I have several 2k+ track playlists that I simply do not have the patience to recreate manually (it was the main reason I stuck with iTunes for so long.)

I’ve seen this issue reported on various occasions on this forum but I have yet to see anyone come back with a solution for the Windows environment…

Hello @DDar,

Have you made the export from iTunes on MacOs? Before trying to import the playlist, have you synced the folder in Audirvana where the tracks of your playlist are located?

I have the same problem. And yes, I have synced the folder in Audirvana where the tracks of my playlists are located.

But Audirvana still not import any playlists (in M3u) form Apple Music. Why? Apple Music imports them, but not Audirvana…

Hello @larfran,

What is the format of the files you have? Are they m4p?

I have only MP3 format.

Can you send one of those playlist at support@audirvana.com so we can take a look at it?

Yes, I did it yet, about 3 hours ago.

Hi, same issue here. Just downloaded the trial version and it will not import playlists. version 3.5.44 on 10.15.7 mac mini. External SSD 1Tb Samsung FAT32. I uninstalled and reinstalled - no change. Format is m3u, files are .wav, none will import even a test playlist with only 2 entries. I have synched. Files were created on a PC under Windows 10 20H2 using foobar2000. Example below:

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:0,07 Jimmy Jimmy.wav

…\The Undertones\Teenage Kicks- The Best of the Undertones\07 Jimmy Jimmy.wav

#EXTINF:0,02 Nobody’s Diary.wav

…\Alison Moyet\The Essential\02 Nobody’s Diary.wav

Hello @blobby123, before importing the playlist, have you added the folder where those music are stored in Audirvana?

Ok, I have the definitive solution to all of these import issues. I looked up the definition of the m3u file format and then analysed how audirvana, foovbar200, VLC and windows media player saved their m3u files; of these only windows media player (WMP) was actually complying with the m3u format. As a base I loaded all of my playlist files into WMP - seems to handle the import of most anything - and then exported them as M3U files (to obtain a standard format). I then edited each file (you can write a script to do this) to create playlist M3U files in a format that audirvana can load. Given the WMP M3U output as follows:
#EXTM3U

…\The Undertones\Teenage Kicks- The Best of the Undertones\07 Jimmy Jimmy.wav

…\Alison Moyet\The Essential\02 Nobody’s Diary.wav

1. I removed the header line #EXTM3U - the standard says this is mandatory but only WMP actually complied to that;
  2. As it is a windows path I converted it to a MacOS path by search and replace “” for “/”;
  3. Finally, I converted the relative path to an absolute path for each entry in the playlist by using search and replace, so I searched for “…” and replaced with “/volumes/samsung_T5/music2019” or or for relative path I could have used “music2019”. Save a test playlist in audirvana and use a text editor to determine what your absolute or relative path is and replace in step 3 accordingly.

The end file that imported without issue is (compare with original above):

/volumes/samsung_T5/music2019/The Undertones/Teenage Kicks- The Best of the Undertones/07 Jimmy Jimmy.wav

/volumes/samsung_T5/music2019/Alison Moyet/The Essential/02 Nobody’s Diary.wav

Hope this helps with others that are having import issues.

For step 2: replace the backslash with a forwardslash, on posting it shows replace “” with “/” and the “” should be the backslash character.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.