Audirvana with HQPlayer NAA cuts off songs at the end

Hi,

Anyone else playing around with Audirvana and HQPlayer version 6 with it’s NAA?

I’ve noticed that the “Time:” in HQPlayer for whatever song is playing is a couple seconds ahead than what is being shown in Audirvana causing the song the end prematurely before it really should.

I’ve tried to increase the hardware buffer settings in HQPlayer on both input and output to 250ms but It doesn’t seem to have had an effect.

Anyone with the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix it? Does the error lie with Audirvana or HQPlayer?

???
You are trying to use a device supporting a proprietary network protocol designed to be symbiotic with HQPlayer… How does this make sense to you…

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Hi, I haven’t tried them together, so I can’t give you an answer from personal experience. You can try asking @Antoine on this forum and Jussi Laako of Signalyst, and hopefully one or both will be able to help.

Well it’s 98% functioning so I hope the last 2% would be possible as well.

Where do you see that the Signalyst Network Audio Adapter (NAA) supports another digital-audio player outside of HQPlayer? (rhetorical) … You don’t.

The proprietary NAA protocol is hosted by HQPlayer which creates the handshake with a symbiotic device that supports NAA protocol in its platform firmware…
Audirvāna supports UPnP protocol…
It’s like asking Audirvāna to support Ravenna protocol or DVB or Dante protocols… Many manufacturers create proprietary variations of the UPnP protocol that they leverage for their component control ecosystems…

Signalyst is enlisting manufacturers to embed their NAA client firmware into their devices, in-support of HQPlayer… I doubt you will see Signalyst give up marketshare to another software player…

Audirvāna mindfully chose the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) standard.

By design, it guarantees lossless data transmission over a computer network, including WiFi. Even better, it’s an open and comprehensive standard, accessible to all manufacturers for free.

This common language allows devices and programs to talk to each other in the best interest of users who don’t have to change their entire system because they change a component. It is a critical infrastructure in our industry and a brake on obsolescence.

Yet UPnP remains little known and is often accused of not working well. The standard has nothing to do with it.
It is its integration that is to blame. Implementing it properly requires skills, and they exist: more than 7 billion devices worldwide can use it!
So, customers must demand quality integration from manufacturers; otherwise, the temptation of proprietary protocols - supposedly more reliable - will flourish to the detriment of their long-term interests. Audirvāna rigorously and fully integrates the UPnP standard, and we will continue to defend it.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Hi @Peter_Andersen , are you using two Macs or two Windows devices when you get the issue?

Both programs are running on the same Windows machine all the time.

Ok, but you are playing tracks to a UPNP device?

The output/device I choose in Audirvana is UPNP HQPlayer. The device I use as output in HQPlayer is my Holo Audio DAC via USB.

I hope that answers your question​:face_with_peeking_eye: