Audirvana won't release control of DAC

After I stop playback in Audirvana, it still holds control of the DAC.
I have to quit Audirvana for it to release.

This is annoying.
Everytime I want to switch to other applications that use audio I have to quit Audirvana.
Not sure if this is some issue with my DAC (Resonessence Herus) or if something can be done by Audirvana people.

Anybody else have this problem too?

WASAPI exclusive mode ?!

Hi,

I have this problem too at least in ASIO mode. But this problem is maybe not specific to Audirvana, also with Qobuz app, JRiver and other programs this problem occurrs from time to time.

Sorry, this is no solution of course.

Best wishes

quote from music.stackexchange.com

ASIO (Audio Streaming Input Output) is a technology of Steinberg.
It allows for low latencies and pretty much every state-of-the-art audio device is nowadays delivered with an ASIO driver (on Windows, at least).
However, the basic idea behind ASIO is that professional audio applications entirely take ownership of the ASIO device.
Only very few ASIO drivers support true multiple application access.
This effectively means that you can not use 2 or more applications using the same ASIO device at the same time.
<

G.

thank you for that definition. It is known. However, sometimes stopping playback releases the asio device and sometimes it does not. closing the app or unplugging the usb cable then helps.

I am a new user for Audirvana on up to date Windows 10 -> USB -> Arcam irDac via ASIO. I have moved over from Jriver as I prefer the sound quality from Audirvana. I have the same problem described above but worse. Stopping playback and quitting Audirvana does not release the DAC. The only solution I have found is to restart the PC or disable and reenable the DAC in W10 Settings. This is a hassle for me and confusing for my family who also use the PC for netflix etc. Does anybody know why quitting Audirvana does not free up the DAC?

This is still an issue for me on Windows 10. Closing Audirvana does not release the DAC. Is there any way around this?

Hello @redrich2000,

Are you using the latest version of Audirvana?