Audirvāna won't start after unexpected reboot

This is the 2nd time this happend now, so I am opening a community ticket. Maybe somebody experienced the same.

Last night, Windows installed it’s latestest updated and then rebootet while Audirvana was still running. Now I am not able to start Audirvana anymore. Whenever I start the app it crashes with this error:

Screenshot_Mittwoch, 11. August 2021_07h16m41s_001_

The last time this happend was, when I accidentally shut down my PC ungracefully and the only solution was to completely uninstall Audirvana and re-install it. A simple “reinstall” via the MS store presents the same results. Problem with the uninstall-reinstall solution is, that all my settings are lost.

Anybody experienced this before? Any solution to this?

I haven’t had that problem, but the next time I get a windows update that requires a reboot I’ll see if I can replicate it.

No. It seems like a virus or hdd problem. Check your hdd for errors, especially the drive where Windows is installed. I saw similar simphtoms in the past and hdd was the problem, full of bad sectors. After repartitioned with 50 gb of free space left at the beginning of disk everything is ok for more than a year. Do you have similar problems with other apps? If no maybe I am wrong, hopefully.

The M.2 SSD Audirvana is running on is not even 4 month old and shows no sympthoms of bad sectors or disk errors. Windows Eventlog also doesn’t provide any signs of disk errors. S.M.A.R.T. shows all “green” as well. My Windows is also definetely Virus-free. No other Applications shows any kind of issues. Only Audirvana and only after the system restarted unexpectedly and Audirvana wasn’t shut down gracefully.

Then I don’t know. I’m happy to hear this. Bad sectors are really “bad” :smiley:

I just found the logs, maybe this can help the DEVs interpret this error better

2021-08-12 08:28:02,595 [1] INFO Audirvana.App -         =============  Started Logging, Audirvana 1.6.1  =============        
2021-08-12 08:28:02,718 [1] FATAL Audirvana.App -         =============  UnhandledException  =============        
2021-08-12 08:28:02,731 [1] FATAL Audirvana.App - System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Key not valid for use in specified state.

at System.Security.Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotect(Byte[] encryptedData, Byte[] optionalEntropy, DataProtectionScope scope)
   at Audirvana.Tools.TokenCacheHelper.BeforeAccessNotification(TokenCacheNotificationArgs args)
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.TokenCache.<Microsoft-Identity-Client-ITokenCacheInternal-OnBeforeAccessAsync>d__110.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Cache.CacheSessionManager.<RefreshCacheForReadOperationsAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Cache.CacheSessionManager.<RefreshCacheForReadOperationsAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.Cache.CacheSessionManager.<GetAccountsAsync>d__16.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.ClientApplicationBase.<GetAccountsInternalAsync>d__25.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.ClientApplicationBase.<GetAccountsAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Identity.Client.ClientApplicationBase.<GetAccountsAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
   at Audirvana.App.<IdentitySignInExecute>d__17.MoveNext()
   at Audirvana.App.<DoRetrieveAzureAccessToken>d__14.MoveNext()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
2021-08-12 08:28:02,731 [1] FATAL Audirvana.App - 

Ok, I found a solution. In the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-<msid>\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana there is a .msalcache.bin file. Once I deleted it, I was able to start Audirvana again. I had to re-login, but all my settings seems still to be there.

2 Likes

Glad you got it fixed, as it happens it I had an update just a little while ago. I rebooted the system without exiting Audirvana and it came back up fine afterwards. As for the cause of your problem…are you running bitlocker? It’s just a guess but the logfile you posted seems to indicate a problem from bitlocker. Windows update instructs bitlocker to unlock the drive when it performs an update so maybe bitlocker/Audirvana didn’t close the file properly before the reboot happened. Like I said, just a guess.

Hello @Winni ,

Can you send us the audirvana.log file you found at support@audirvana.com?

Just did so.