Auralic Aries G1.1 e Audirvana Studio work?

Dear friends, I have ordered Auralic Aries G1.1 and wait the delivery , unfortunately some user tell me that Aries does not work with Audirvana Studio via UPNP, someone have experience with this?

Hi @J.guar

I have the Aries G1.
Unfortunatley it doesn’t work correctly with Audirvana Studio via UPnP.
I tend to find that the ‘displayed track’ on the front of the unit doesn’t work (the Aries seems to display the album artwork from the previously played album), and quite often playback will stop after the second track. Also, the ‘elapsed time’ display within Audirvana remains at zero.

I therefore only use the proprietary Lightning DS software, which is absolutely rock-solid.

I am very stupid, all my playlists are on Audirvana , the Aries is very wrong buy. Many thanks for help

2 Likes

Ah ha! I thought I’d ask you why have a streamer without a DAC and want to use Audirvana!

Hello

I’ve read about similar issues with the Auralic Aries G1.1 and Audirvana Studio via UPnP. Some users have reported connectivity problems. It might help to ensure that both the Aries firmware and Audirvana are updated to the latest versions. You can contact to Auralic support or check the Audirvana forums for specific troubleshooting tips.

Thank you
kevin

I listened to an Auralic Aries G2.2 yesterday connected to a DAC MOON 280D MinD V2. The result with the Aries is very better than Audirvana.
Can you tell me if I can have the same quality with audirvana → Aries → DAC via UPNP in order to use Audirvana interface?

Dear Kevin, I confirm Audirvana Studio does not work properly with Auralic,Thank You

Unfortunately Audirvana Studio does not work properly with Auralic Aries

Hi Ironz,I have had same experience, I am very unpleased

Then contact Auralic and tell them to use not their own UPNP variant or please them to contact Audirvana to make the software and the devices compatible. My experience with Auralic is not the best regarding compatibility with other software. They want the users to use the Lightning DS app.

Auralic uses a kind of OpenHome UPNP setup with their devices. I suspect they do this because they can implement some UPNP features which are not possible with the default UPNP standard. And as long as they use their own UPNP setup their devices will not work with software that communicates the normal UPNP way. That means, that either Auralic has to change the way of UPNP configuration to be compatible with Audirvana, or Audirvana has to implement the standards the Auralic devices are using. And as long as Auralic is not interested in using their devices with other apps then their own Lightning DS app, nothing will change.

If you want to use Audirvana just sell your Auralic device and buy another device. I switched to Lumin for that reason years ago and had no trouble since then. Lumin devices also sound wonderfull and offer nearly the same features like the Auralic devices and Lumin devices are compatible not with their own app only but also with Audirvana, Logitech Mediaserver and of course Roon also.

1 Like

Yes, understand it is a very bug, but i have spent about 3000 Euros for the Auralic and I follow this way,Unfortunately used streamer loss a lot of money in second hand market, many thanks

I’m assuming you’ve tried the Auralic with it’s proprietary Lightning DS software?
In all honesty, I really wasn’t able to differentiate the SQ when (briefly) using AS, and Lightning DS with upsampling enabled.