Aurender A15

do any of you stream from audirvana to an aurender A15? If so, how? via which interface?

It seems the A15 doesn’t have UPNP capability therefore it’s impossible to use it with Audirvana

@JoSa
You can use it for example with a laptop/Audirvana > USB to SPDIF converter > coaxial input A15 but that isn’t streaming of Audirvana to A15.

Matt

1 Like

I stream from netflix via broadband cable to my router and ethernet from my router to my computer. do you mean that the scenario described is not wireless? another matter altogether.

Tantamount to putting pig on the lipstick. What features do you think that Audirvāna has would be an improvement enough to justify adding complexity to a top shelf piece of kit. If you’re really set on using Audirvāna get yourself a usb cable and a DAC, anything you kluge together with the Aurender will be likely to be a step backwards.

1 Like

I am constantly amazed at the lengths some people go to in order to not improve the SQ or functionality of Audirvana. They must love complexity.

1 Like

The Aurender is a top shelf brand, the A15 is a premium product that should deliver wonderful sound quality with an easy to use interface. As an audio hobbyist it’s always enticing to want some improvements. The two products are in exactly different directions in my opinion, neither is wrong but the two don’t belong together in my opinion.

3 Likes

Agree,
the A15 is nearly 10k. For this price you could buy a M2/M3 Mac into USB of an excellent DAC or a streamer plus DAC.

Matt

3 Likes

For my next trick I’m going to swap a Ford model T engine into a Ferrari F40 :wink:

Glad I’m not an audio hobbyist. In fact I’m not. hobbyist of anything, hobbies are what bored people with too much time on their hands have.:rofl:

Shame you don’t anything that you are passionate about or have any spare time to invest. Hopefully in the future you will get a chance.

Thanks for totally misunderstanding. That quote about hobbies comes from some clever bloke.
I have much that I am passionate about, that I make time for, and they are precisely that, things I care about ,not hobbies.

1 Like

I think the main reason for using Roon or Audirvana to send a bit perfect stream to premium kit is down to the limitations of control apps. Yesterday went to a colleagues house for dinner. Full on Audiophile. He has a full dcs Lina setup with B&W high end speakers. Sounded wonderful. Played around in Mosaic the dcs control app. A more long winded approach to visualising his library, building playlists etc. He uses Roon to send bit perfect digital streams to his Lina. No difference in SQ that I could hear from streaming from a service or from his NAS or from Roon, the results were all great.

He does use Mosaic when too lazy to turn his computer on but stated the greater flexibility of using Roon as his reason for not abandoning his computer playback. After using Mosaic with endless scrolling on a tablet compared to using a computer based app on his 4k screen I can see why. Certainly gave me food for thought.,

1 Like

@JoSa
If you look for a server which seems to work perfect with Audirvana read this post #244.
BTW, the SQ of Audirvana seems to be superior to Roon.

Matt

Matt, this guy has no vested interest in these products? Is he not a dealer?
Audirvāna vs Roon sound quality :joy::wink::rofl: Depends on who’s forum you’re on.

“A bargain at 16K” what a steaming load……….I’ll take two, such a bargain :money_mouth_face:

You had me completely baffled and very concerned about your situation :wink:

1 Like

16k is only the top model, others you get for much less than the Aurender A15.
The server mentioned in the link is running a stripped Windows. I think they have neither an affiliation with Roon nor Audirvana, so I see no reason to doubt the comment regarding the SQ.

Matt

I see no reason to not support his right to have an OPINION

1 Like

As has been debated multiple times on this site and in the scientific, psychology and audiophile communities, perception of sound quality is a purely personal thing.

I spent an evening with a guy recently who has spent more on his power supplies and cables than my KEF LS60’s. His total system cost was to my mind astronomical. He believes his system is worth every penny and passionately extols its virtues. For me AS streaming to LS60’s is just as good……

If your personal choices make you happy, great. But your personal opinion is just that. Your opinion, no matter how passionate, is never everyone’s fact.

3 Likes