Automatically synchronize with Apple Music Library

Am I correct to assume that at the moment I have to always click synchronize if I want Audirvana to add new music I previously added to the new Catalina Music.app? Would love if it was possible to have them in constant sync and thus needing less manual interaction to have my library be the same across both programs at all times :slight_smile:

Hi Cudifying: I’m new to this community but had been using A+ (on-off) for some time now. I find synchronization too much work, too, so what I do is use the “Monitor Folder” section. Just go to your iTunes folder, select ‘Apple Music’ for your iTunes Music, and select ‘Music’ for those that you purchased: I did not have to use the ‘such’ again (except just for verifying that all iTunes/Apple Music are there)… however, I found that NOT ALL Apple Music albums become 100% available either by doing ‘Monitor’ or ‘Synch’; must be some sort of bug, or I’m missing something…

You can only add the non DRM protected content that way.

There are tracks that can’t be played outside of iTunes (they are thus skipped in Audirvana):

• the DRM protected tracks (usually files ending with .m4p), due to the copy protection mechanism, like the ones coming from Apple Music

• the iCloud/iTunes Match tracks, using an iTunes specific protocol for retrieving the audio data. To get them to play in Audirvana, you need to download all the songs you want to play thru Audirvana into your computer library by clicking the cloud icon present showing the album is in the cloud, not the library.

• the tracks in a Home Sharing library, for same reason (using an Apple non public sharing protocol). If you are using this, there is a workaround that consists in sharing the audio files on the server (to be able to access them from the Finder on the client Mac), and then import the track files in iTunes, or just add the shared folder to the synchronized list in the Library page of Audirvana preferences. This way, standard file sharing protocol is used, and Audirvana is able to access the audio files.

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies. I use the Music.app (as it’s now confusingly called on Catalina) to organize my ALAC library, I don’t stream Apple Music nor have I purchased songs through iTunes.

The main reason why I would like continuous sync with the Music.app instead of monitoring a folder is so that my Music.app playlists always automatically update inside Audirvana without me having to manage two separate libraries basically. I would much rather not have to close and reopen Audirvana for it to sync every time I make changes to my Music.app library