Best settings when using topping D90se

Maybe a stupid question and I just don’t get it? What do you need i2s for right now? On PC you can use USB up to DSD512. For DSD1024 you need i2s.

Auralic has streamers with I2S output, but @Jacob is has a point. You probably don’t need it and those devices are higher end than your DAC.

Thanks offroad, I do have a few but mainly I just want to try it out because I’ve read it’s the best thanks

1 Like

Hi Jacob ,yes makes no sense other then my stupidity to just want to try it.

I actually found a really cheap one its an
Smsl sD9 probably not gonna be anywhere as good as the suggestion I’ve but at least I’ll get try it

Try it first to see if it makes a difference you can appreciate.

1 Like

Cheaper components with higher specifications don’t always sound better than more expensive components with lower specifications.

I will always go for something that sounds good. Specifications are only a small part of the fun you get from music. I still play on 16/44.1 and have no problem with that, nor do I need higher sample rates or in theory better interfaces.

It is a free world, you can spend your time and money in the way you want.

1 Like

I downloaded the asio for the topping D90se and had a short listen but if first impressions are any clue I must admit I’ve heard no difference in 257 or 512 but I did fix my curiosity

Just thought I’d post some pics of what I listen with ,Bozak concert grands, goldenear triton 0nes ,accuphase c200 and p300 ,peachtree audio grand x1 ,primaluna hp just to name a few

2 Likes

Update ive had a couple of hours with a very familiar album and I do believe sonics are smoother ,more holographic with a wider Soundstage, I’m gonna listen with my stax earspeakers and the primaluna

Nice mix of vintage and more modern gear.

Thanks ,Bozaks and goldenear really compliment each other,and the accuphase is still amazing its really hard to beat,when I get the amp for my martin logans fixed I’ll set them up as rears and maybe set up a quad system