Bug report: using Airplay, failure of keyboard volume controls (F11, F12)

Using Airplay to stream audio to an Apple HomePod speaker. When i use the F11 key to turn volume down very softly, if the volume goes all the way to the lowest level of no sound at -144dB, then the volume gets ‘stuck’ at this muted level and the F12 key does not work to increase the volume. I have to use the mouse to manually drag the volume up on the screen. Then the F12 key works again.

I don’t recall this bug happening when not using Airplay.

(This is not in Integrated Mode, but using Audirvana direct & only.)

Also separately – the volume is still very loud at lowest levels. It would be nice to have finer gradation of volume control from within Audirvana. Perhaps a way to adjust what the ‘midpoint’ of the volume control.

Hello @nobodyknows, have you tried to enable software volume control in your audio settings in Audirvana? This will give you very precise control of your volume with your mouse.

hi Damian – thanks for the tip, that is useful.

FYI, when i use the “software volume control” in audio settings on the desktop – it creates a bug in the iOS remote, where the volume level is shown always at the midpoint. So if i go to adjust the volume (which is often at say 1/3) the midpoint makes the volume jump first before i turn it down.

Running current iOS, and MacOS 10.14 Mojave.

Any update on the first bug report (not the second bug report in the iOS remote)?

I described it in my initial post as follows:
Using Airplay to stream audio to an Apple HomePod speaker. When i use the F11 key to turn volume down very softly, if the volume goes all the way to the lowest level of no sound at -144dB, then the volume gets ‘stuck’ at this muted level and the F12 key does not work to increase the volume. I have to use the mouse to manually drag the volume up on the screen. Then the F12 key works again.