Bugs with Remote

Hello! I’m a fan of your music playback software. I really appreciate your dedication to the quality of playback and usability of the program. I recently subscribed to Audirvana Studio. I thought that within a month, perhaps, I will not be able to fully evaluate all aspects of this program. I believe that in our rapidly changing world, you need to be constantly on the alert and quickly respond to changes. Streaming services are extremely convenient. They are constantly being improved and changed. And in order to be able to interact with them through other applications, these applications must also be updated and improved. Respond quickly to changes. To do this, programmers must work and get paid for it. And the subscription model is really a good livelihood. BUT! Sorry! You have not existed for the first year. You have a large number of users. And it’s high time to make an interface without any problems. I believe that the price in this case for a subscription to an application with bugs is too high. Do you work closely with streaming services to anticipate and react to changes in the API? No. Do you serve and store huge amounts of data on servers? No. Do you provide cloud storage for users? No. Does the above program work perfectly? Not really.

What errors have I encountered. I have been using Qobuz for listening to music for several years now. It may be more expensive than the rest, but I appreciate it for the fact that this service pays performers more than other services. It also provides high quality content. I like it. But today I ran into a completely unacceptable error. I wanted to hear Bach. Rarely, but sometimes I cry from the music. It tears my soul apart. Pulls out of despair and inspires! But look at how the player behaves? What is this? You can see where the screen is tapped. AND? Which track does this turn on ??? In the sense? What is it??? I understand if I bought the app for this price that I pay for the subscription. But you want this amount every month. In the sense? With this error, the application should cost 10 times less. It’s just indecent.

The second, completely critical bug is that when I load a Qobuz playlist, which contains about 700 records, when I scroll with the mouse wheel, the list jumps to several screens at once. In just a couple of clicks of the wheel, I’m in the middle of a 700-track playlist. ??? What is that supposed to mean? Even free apps have never done this on my Mac.
Third. I keep running into the “Request Error” error when I try to play the first track on a Qobuz album. Pressing it again turns on the second track, but never the first. Wildly annoying.
Therefore, I believe that for the amount you are asking for your application, it should include a subscription to a streaming service. Those. If I pay for Audirvana, it includes a subscription for Qobuz. Or vice versa.
But! You have the best remote control for android. This is really very cool! It is beautiful and extremely convenient. I really enjoy using the android remote control. I love this cute design and control logic. This is a great solution! Thanks! This is what drives me to use Audirvana.

Hello @scherbakov.al,

We are in direct contact with them since we have a partnership with them so yes, we react to change to their API. We are also eager to have capabilities they use in their app but that another story. If you want an example we recommended Qobuz to improve their login process to make it more secure but they have not done it for the moment…

For the issue you encounter with the Remote, can you send us your debug info in reply? You will find it in Studio settings under My account section (please remove your mail for security reason)

Thanks for the answer. I didn’t know about your contact with Qobuz. This makes me happy. My debug info:
Audirvana Mac Version 1.6.4 (10604)
macOS 10.15.7 with 16384MB RAM

Connected account: *****************************

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5%
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66%

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: ON

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 1 folders
AUTO: /Users//Downloads/[32.192] PINK FLOYD WISH YOU WERE HERE_38_ЛЕНТА [frfr;t]
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/
***/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Remote Control server:
Listening on 127.0.0.1 on port 54833

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
Qobuz: Connected as Qobuz Studio

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 8000MB
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
SMSL SMSL USB AUDIO
Model UID:SMSL USB AUDIO:152A:85DD
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:SMSL:SMSL USB AUDIO:fd120000:1

Active Sample Rate: 48kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x2a SMSL USB AUDIO
Manufacturer: SMSL
Model Name: SMSL USB AUDIO
Model UID: SMSL USB AUDIO:152A:85DD
UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:SMSL:SMSL USB AUDIO:fa130000:1

10 available sample rates up to 768000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 15 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.1
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x2b 2 channels starting at 1
30 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 44.1kHz

40 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 3
Device #0: ID 0x36 Built-in Output Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:29 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutput:1B,0,1,2:0 Model Name: Apple Inc. Built-in Output
Device #1: ID 0x48 HDMI Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: AppleHDA:29 UID: AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:0,1,0,1,0:0:{0C41-C100-00004D58} Model Name: Apple Inc. HDMI
Device #2: ID 0x2a SMSL USB AUDIO Manufacturer: SMSL Model UID: SMSL USB AUDIO:152A:85DD UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:SMSL:SMSL USB AUDIO:fa130000:1 Model Name: SMSL USB AUDIO

UPnP devices found : 0

I also had a problem with big tracks - I was listening to Miles Davis. Track 24 / 172kHz. I had a small memory buffer installed and the whole track could not fit there. Only part of it was loaded. After the track came to the end of the loaded buffer, the remaining data was not loaded and playback just jumped to the next track. Yes, now I have increased the buffer size, but … ?? …

Does the issue you have is only when you play a Qobuz track or it’s also the case with local tracks?

These problems were when playing from Qobuz. Now I rarely listen to local tracks and have not experienced any problems with them yet.