Can audirvana stream original DSD file via DLNA

ok i just read from start title… streaming DSD over DLNA…

i don’t stream and i don’t DLNA… have no bugs either :slight_smile:

So the leftmost file is the source DSF file.
The wav and dsf file were downloaded from the audirvana https endpoint, those two seem identical. One was targeted for PM7000N and the other for NA6005, the renderer which Audirvana recognized as DSD capable.
Streaming maybe a bad word, just refers to the process of sending the bytes to the DLNA renderer.

i have many dsd files on my hard drive external…
.dsf from sacd or from downloaded site that are mine now…
they all play without bug… so, streaming or playing from download i don’t know…

i dont even know DLNA means… :slight_smile: won’t check that… listening music :slight_smile:

Hello @VoyagerDude,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info” while you have selected your Marantz? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Sure @Antoine

Thanks

@Antoine debug info sent via email

Thank you for the debug info, I took a look at it and it seems that your device use HEOS, does the other marantz device you have also use HEOS or not at all?

Hi @Antoine, also replied via email.
No the other three older Marantz devices don’t use HEOS and they detect fine in Audirvana as DLNA 1.5 and native DSD support.

Thanks for looking!

Hi @Antoine.

Can you pls let me know if you would consider enabling DSD over DLNA even if the renderer didn’t report support as expected.
Thanks again. Would love to help testing this.

Hey @Antoine

Can you let me know if you can do this please?
Thanks.

This is not about enabling DSD over DLNA, it’s more about Audirvana and HEOS. We already contacted the person who is in charge of it and we are waiting an answer from them.

Interesting, curios what the HEOS people say.

I suggested to try enabling DSD for this device over DLNA because a large number of other control points that apparently do not check for the audio/x-dsf or audio/x-dsd MIME types, or check differently, can successfully send DSD to this renderer.

Here is the spec sheet confirming DSD over network https://www.us.marantz.com/en-US/shop/hificomponents/pm7000n

@Antoine any news on this?
Did HEOS or denon follow up ?

Hello @VoyagerDude, not for the moment but i will ask them again if they have any update on this case. It can be hard to find why it’s happening as it’s related with Networking and they own code for Heos.

Ah ok. Thanks. Would be so awesome to get this working. That’s the only issue I’m having with my setup.

Good news! They responded to our mail, we need to take a look at their response and try it on our side :wink:

@Antoine that’s great. Would be happy to help testing with any of my devices.

Hi @Antoine

Did you have a chance to try the HEOS team suggestions?
Would be so awesome to get dsd working.

Thanks!

Hello @VoyagerDude,

Not for the moment, I asked them on this specific issue and they didn’t respond but I will remind them for it right away.

Hi @Antoine

Here is another macOS (and Windows) UPnP control point that is able to send DSD to Marantz PM7000N.

It’s not very good looking at all :slight_smile: but it works though.