Can't connect to NAS

I wanted to test A+ with the music files I have stored on a personal cloud (the music library I presently use with A+ is stored on a USB drive connected to my MBP). When I try to add this new library to A+, it keeps on showing me this error message (see screenshot). My cloud storage is a Western Digital MyCloudHome. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks !

PG

Hello @gauthp, are you trying to synchronize a backup database stored in your WD?

Not exactely. I just copied my library on my WD cloud to see if I could access it through A+. The HDD used by my cloud is plugged onto my wifi router using ethernet. In the meantime, I tried plugging the USB drive hosting my original library also onto my wifi router and A+ found it easily. So, if I sum up, I have two libraries on two different HDD : one is hooked to my wifi router through ethernet, the other through USB. Only the USB one is found by A+. It is ok with me, but it would be even more satisfying if I could use the library that is on the WD cloud hooked through ethernet. (I suspect that the problem is with WD setup).

Thanks !

PG

Can you see your WD in the left pannel of your finder when you click on network?

Yes, it is listed with my Favorites on the left of the Finder’s windows. It is identified as a « Volume » whereas the USB drive is identified as a « Location » in my network.

Have you tried to select a different folder than the one you want to synchronize? This will determine if there is a problem with your WD access or not.

Just tried it and still got the « Fatal Error » message. (I will have to figure out the (damned) settings on my WD Cloud.)

Thanks !