Can't play anything from Qobuz

I am still on the trial with Audirvana. Whenever I try to play a track fro my Qobuz account i get nothing but this error message:
" Error initializing sound device"
" The sound device is already hogged by another application((null), pid = 0)
Unable to start playing"

I am on a late 2013 Mac Pro desktop and, as it happens, I am getting the same message when I try to play a track from my music folders on the Mac or connected external drives.

What to do?

I forgot to mention I am on version 3.5.2

The latest version is Audirvana 3.5.20 for Mac.
In order to check the latest version, do not hesitate to go to Audirvana menu and click on “Check for Updates”.

Thanks, I have 3.5,20. I didn’t think I needed to put the 0 at the end!

Any thoughts on my problem? Are you familiar with streaming from a Mac and/or configuring a LAN for streaming on a router?

This message tells your audio device is already taken exclusively by another audio application.
you’ll want to quit this one.
You can also reboot your Mac.

Damien,

The problem with Qobuz is still present on my side with albums of 24Bits / 96kHz and It takes 7 to 20 seconds to hear the first track. So, I inevitably lose the musical beginning of each first track. I tried to adjust the buffer, nothing helps. The sound is heard only after 7 to 22 seconds. Miles Davis’ latest disc “Rubberband” is a good example. The latest Audirvana Windows version does not have this problem (3.4.912) on my Dell laptop and it’s wireless! Here is my installation for my mac:

Mac mini 2012 and OS 10.4.1
Audirvana 3.5.20
Audirvana works in Upnp with my Naim Uniti Nova. Everything is wired at a speed of 400mbps

Do you have this issue playing local files, or is it only with Qobuz?
Is this happening also when playing to a USB connected DAC?
What if you move back the playback position to the beginning of the track, can you hear the first seconds of the track?
Are you using upsampling? If yes, can you try with it disabled? Some network players have hard time coping with high sample rates (limited microcontroller power).

Thank you Damien for the quick reply! I truly appreciate it.

thanks to your questions, I found the culprit: the LiquidSonics Reverberate Core plugin. By using SIR 3 instead for convulution, everything works perfectly! But, I can not import my playlists created with Audirvana 3.5.19 anymore. I have to start all over again. As this is another subject, I will publish in another section.

Désolé si je m’immisce dans votre discussion, mais depuis hier Audirvana refuse de se connecter à mon compte Qobuz et affiche “Bad Request”. Je me connecte pourtant sans problème à celui-ci depuis mon navigateur ou l’app Qobuz dédiée.
Une idée de solution?
En souhaitant une bonne soirée à tous, cordialement

Toujours pas de connexion possible avec Qobuz depuis Audirvana alors tout fonctionne depuis l’application Qobuz.
Toujours pas d’idée?

Pareil ici, tout désinstallé et réinstallé la dernière version Mac (3.5.20 (3550)) et impossible de me connecter. J’ai un “Qobuz login error” persistant.

Merci de proposer rapidement un correctif, j’utilise Audirvana exclusivement avec Qobuz donc là je n’ai plus de musique :confused:

Running Audivarna on Windows 10, some Qobuz files play just fine, others cause the program to hang. Once this has happened and the program won’t load again without a reboot, Doesn’t appear to be related to bit rate. Local FLAC files play fine. Didn’t see this happen with earlier versions of the program

Hello @Dave1959,

Can you send us your dmp and log file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

Have sent the files requested and not had a resolution to this problem, of the program hanging when I try to play anything from Qobuz, would be grateful if you could suggest a solution. I only bought Audivarna to connect to Qobuz because their app is so buggy on the PC. Audivarna works well with local files and I will continue to use it for playing those, but it would be a shame if the streaming problem can’t be fixed.

Thanks