Can't remove album

I have a recently added album that for some reason showed up twice in the library. All songs were duplicates. Checking the file location, the duplicates pointed to the same files. And in the actual folder there were no duplicates. I removed the whole album (in Finder) and re-synced; duplicates now disappeared, but the album remain in the library, even though it does not exist anymore… File location still points to the folder, even though it’s empty… Trying to play one of the tracks just gives the error “Unable to open an audio file for playback”. Tried all the maintenance commands in the preferences.

Edit: The album has a plus (+) character in the title, if that has anything to do with the issue.

Edit 2: Ok, apparently I could just click “Delete” on the album to remove it. :smiley: But syncing should remove it automatically, right?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Three times I have deleted my entire database to get rid of duplicates. I was thinking about doing it a fourth time, now in Audirvana Studio which apparently is plagued by the same problem (nothing else gets rid of them). And of course, all playlists and preferences are deleted along with it. Whew! Really didn’t want to do it again. Thank you!!!

That is why when your database is good, copy that file for a backup dated as today. If a bug arrive, just close the app and replace database with the backup, that way, you don’t lose your playlists… :grinning: