Changed External HD, Audirvana cannot locate files

I copied all hard drive files to a new hard drive. It shows up on the desk top and in disc utilities. Files play in iTunes media folder. I synced the media folder in audirvana but no files are located. What to do? Thanks Dave H

Hi Dave,
Quite strange indeed. You say “No files are located”. I’m just wondering what that means. If you just copy files from old to new HDD, you should have files appearing in AS (At least the one from the old HDD).
Sometimes the sync process behave strangely. What you could try is to backup the AS DB, delete it and restart from scratch with a full synchronisation.

Eric

Hello Eric, thanks for the response. I’m not technically talented therefore I’m concerned when I try things. I’ve read that when audirvana even sees a name change, such as the name of the backup, it won’t read the new BU files. Not sure I could believe that. I’ve read I need to export or import playlists, don’t know what I’m doing in those departments.
Do I wipe out or uninstall Audirvana and then resync the iTunes media folder to it.
Lastly, I’m waiting for the arrival of an external SS drive. What then, I just wish audirvana would have clear instructions somewhere to address this as I’m sure I’m not the only one to encounter this or similar.
Everything from the old HD appear in AUd, but when try to load, sales files can’t be located. When in the music media, the files play, but not thru audirvana. Initially, I did forget to syn the new HD, and thought that had to be it, but NOT.
How would I back up the AS DB? Sorry for the rant. Makes me just want to play vinyl, which is amazing btw.

Hello @dhadland,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

I don’t think you received all the debug info, sorry about that.

When you have clicked that debug window it has itself copy all the text, you just have to come here and reply, then right click and paste… after pasting, remove email adress…,

1 Like

since you have the iTunes sync activated, do you see this on the left side panel of Audirvana?

Yes Antoine, Playlists, music, library on old hd which works perfectly, and on new hd, looks identical.
Thanks.

It looks like this is a missing feature. The new HD is mounted with a different ID and the paths don’t match any more.

You can always start from the scratch and rebuild the DB from the files on the new HD. It will take a while, but it’s one time operation. Export he playlists from the old DB before proceeding (if you care about those).

I guess I’m confused. It appears that the playlists match up exactly.
Do just export from old HD to new regardless?
When exporting, are they copied and exported or do I lose them on the old drive?
Is this unique to me or a more common issue with anyone changing drives?
Thanks

Export the playlists somewhere on the internal drive. After that just rebuild the Audirvana DB from the new drive and then import the playlists.

Hi,
Is it easy to rebuild the Audirvana database?. Are there instructions for this?. You say it could take awhile. How does one begin?
Thank you

Hello @dhadland , it’s easy to do, you just have to close Audirvana and delete the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite file.

To go to it with the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

After removing it, reopen Audirvana and it will create a new database from scratch.

Thank you Antoine, just hope I don’t get into a pot hole where in the end I have no music on any drive.

Hi,

Don’t worry. Rebuilding the AS Database has no effect on the audio files on your disk.
Eric

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.