Classe Delta Pre-amp compatibility

Good Evening Audirvana Community, I am in the process of purchasing and installing Classe Delta series Pre-amp and mono’s with a pair of B&W 800D3’s and was looking to use Audirvana as a streaming source on my Mac Mini with the new M1 chip running Big Sur 11.2.2 connected via USB to the pre-amp for Tidal and Qobuz hi-res audio streaming instead of buying an external streaming device (i.e. Bluesound node, etc.). In discussing with my dealer doing the install, they are completely unfamiliar with Audirvana and unable to guarantee compatibility. Was wondering if anyone on here, either from Audirvana or the community would be able to weigh in on wether or not this would in fact accomplish what I am trying to do.

If it helps, this is what Classe states that its USB-B input can accept/handle:
USB-B

32k, 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k,
192k, 352.8k, 384k
DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 (native –
requires Thesycon/Classe driver for
Windows) DSD64, (DoP)

Thanks in advance and looking forward to connecting with the community…

Hello @mikeclack, every DAC that can be connected to your Mac or Windows 10 to USB can be used with Audirvana. If you want to use a ASIO driver, Audirvana is also compatible with it.

You can try Audirvana for 30 days for free using this link to be sure it works with your pre-amp: https://audirvana.com/try/

@Antoine thanks for quick response and the clarification! I will be trying out Audirvana for sure…

Hi there. I just purchased Classe Delta PRE. It’s connected to network via Ethernet. Audirvana Origin is on Mac OS X (Mac Studio) also via Ethernet. Audirvana Origin recognizes the PRE in the selections. But when I select a track, nothing plays. Audirvana Origin just pauses and the track never starts.

I just upgraded to Max OS X 14.2.1 and initial Audirvana kept crashing until I deleted the App and reinstalled it. Now it won’t play.

Audirvana Origin plays fine with Oppo via UPnP and plays fine with ChordHugo2 (via 2Go) via UPnP.

Audirvana 3.5 (Legacy) plays fine via UPnP to Delta PRE. So, the issue seems to be compatibility with Audirvana Origin and Classe Delta PRE.