Column Browser like iTunes used to have missing in Audirvana / Feature Request

@AdminSysteme I hope the keyword or category fits – if not: feel free to move!

–––

Apple transformed the iconic “iTunes” into “Music” with the new Catalina (macOS 10.15). Unfortunately Apple reduced the functionality in many, many areas (good summary on this at KIRKVILLE – my main issue is: “Music” lost the COLUMN BROWSER (please see screenshot attached) which I (ans many others used to navigate through quite huge iTunes libraries for years.

Unfortunately Audirvana lacks this valuable kind of display totally (as well) – would love to see such a “simple” column based listing!

Best, Lorenz

Instead of a top column browser, Audirvana 3.5 uses Filters on the right hand side. Unfortunately this is not very practical like a column browser or Filter on top of the track list view.
(Audirvana 3.2 uses a nice column browser on top of the track list view.) I hope very much that the Filters will come back to the top - a lot of empty space is not in use up there. And more Filters could be mounted without the need of scrolling.

@Alberto – thanks for your input. Yes – I use this filer feature. It’s fine if you know what you are looking for but it will not work well if you try (e.g.) to troubleshoot sorting issues, meta data spelled differently for the same artist etc. A real list view would be so cool. Crazy – I thought that Audirvana dis have that. Bud didn’t find hot in 3.5 – too bad 3.2 is gone for me (with regards to that function alone). But hey – Audirvana could the easily re-introduce that feature vor an upcoming release.

It would probably be fine with filters, if under certain conditions filtering didn’t crash Audirvana (same as going to settings during playback sometimes does). Apart from that, column browser is way more convenient than filters in current implementation.

Yes, I agree. I hope very much that Column Browser comes back.