Constant shut downs (MAC)

I’ve been using Audirvana for several years. I just did a complete wipe and clean Catalina install on my MAC. Now Audirvana either (1) locks up and shuts down MAC when trying to open program or (2) shuts down after playing track for several minutes. There is no other program operating in the background.

This was not a Catalina update. I actually did the wipe and clean install because Audivana was so slow … wheel spinning endlessly. So I wiped the hard drive and started over to clean the clutter.

You don’t have anything suspect in mac energy saving control panel and on schedule tab?

My macmini is at never put hard disc to sleep If it change something for you

Nothing set for energy saving - nothing running in the background when I’m trying to get it to work

You could try trashing the Aurdivana preferences,
but since it is a new install on a new macos install, not sure it will change something…

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and
com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder
(those are A+ software preferences, back them up or not).

Restart Mac, Restart Audirvana.

Are you with latest Audirvana ? plug directly to it ? nor from streaming or the like?
Did you keep your old databse or it is a new one also ?

Could be a bad file in your database… did you try the three maintenance steps in preferences…

Deleted the app support file, reloaded the whole collection. Not streaming - no tidal,etc. Not using any itunes connnection or mp3. Don’t have any playlists. Latest Audirvana version. Latest MAC update…

The ball just spins …until it shuts down the computer. Don’t think Its worth clean installing MAC again to try and fix. 4 years or so now, Audirvana has always been slow, frequently hangs…It is the most buggy software I’e ever purchased.

Does it work better as a streaming platform? Does not seem to work with a large FLAC collection.

How large? Have tou tried loading by smaller batch?

Its about 4TB - loaded into program as 4 different folders. It performed better and more consistently a few years ago. At this point only plays maybe 25% of time without locking up MAC and then shutting it down. Don’t have browser open or other programs while trying to get it to work

Have you tried to reduce the preload cache, and/or possibly add more RAM?

Do you use plugins? Try with plain Audirvana without upsampling to see if you get more stable operation.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.