CPU overload on MacMini when accessed remotely with Audirvana Remote App

I hope I explain the problem understandable :

To connect the Audirvana Remote App (IPAD) with Audirvana on my MacMini, the Audirvana App on the MacMini must be started beforehand. After the Audirvana App is started on the MacMini (via Imac or IPAD) I disconnect from the Mac (Imac or Ipad) and connect to the App on the Macmini with the Remote App on the Ipad. So : Audirvana on MacMini is started - controlled remotely via Ipad, connection to the host (from Imac or Ipad) is disconnected again.
Now the following happens : When I remote access the Audirvana app on the MacMini via Audirvana Remote App and control the music, the CPU load on the Macmini increases so much that the fan starts and gets very loud (and no stop). If I then establish a remote connection to the Macmini, e.g. via Imac, the CPU power immediately drops again and the fan also stops. I have tested this several times, always the same result. Can someone explain this to me…

Thanks for information and input

Are you running the MacMini headless…? and how much System RAM are you running on the Mini?

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

If you mean running my MacMini without Monitor and Keyboard - Yes - i just work with my macMini by remote (IPAD od Imac). he is physicaly connectet with my DAC and Home Cinema but controlled remote by Imac or Ipad.

The workaround is to login to the MacMini remote with my Imac and still keep this connection. i just wonder why he do not overload the cpu on this way.

He has 8 GB Ram.

When the Mac Mini is run without a monitor the video sub-system is not engaged, and all of the graphics processing overhead is tasked to the CPU which increases the load on the processor… HDMI dummy loads are available to install, so that the graphics sub-system is engaged properly, thus freeing the CPU from those tasks… Another key aspect is the amount of system RAM and SSD memory available for playback pre-load and the Audirvana operations… In your case, I recommend using about 2GB of pre-load memory allocation, even when you get a HDMI dummy load.

When selecting an album of tracks for playback or adding tracks to the play queue, these files are loaded in the background, while playing a track from the playback pre-load memory allocation, which is being filled while the track is playing and the combination of limited RAM in concert with a potential restriction on Virtual Memory and the lack of an active graphics sub-system, causes the CPU to work harder and this creates heat and the fan(s) engage to cool the CPU chipset… Your iMac has an integral video display so the graphics processing is handled… but still subject to RAM and SSD size implications on the performance of Audirvana.

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

I thank you for your effort to provide me with this information

My HDMI port is connected to the receiver (home Cinema).

I have tested it, in the receiver position BD/DVD and the Tv connected via HDMi1/Receiver (The TV then works as a monitor of the Mac and is normally used in this constellation for watching movies from Mac) the overload of the CPU does not happen anymore. A HDMI dummy is not possible because the HDMI port is already occupied and connected to the receiver.

The reduction in the preload section of Audirvana from 7 GB to 2 GB has also solved the problem without HDMI dummy.

Thx again for your Information and help