Creating and managing Qobuz Playlists In Audirvana

New user here, just purchased my license today after trying it out for three weeks to see if it solved the issues I was having with the Qobuz app for Windows. It pretty much solved all my playback problems but I need some help making playlists of Qobuz tracks. It seems when I do so, it automatically orders the track sequence based on album title (alphabetically) and then track number (sequentially). Is there a way I can custom-sequence the tracks in a Qobuz playlist to conform with my own preferences based on music flow and chronology of recording, etc?

The only workaround I’ve come up with is to click the heart button to favorite a track in reverse order of the order I want and then view favorite tracks ordered by added date, but this is laborious. Isn’t there a way to have a playlist maintain the order of tracks in the order that I add them to the playlist? Or alternately, to be able to drag and move the tracks somehow to order them after I’ve added them?

Qobuz and Tidal (which I am also trying out) both sound and perform great in Audirvana, it’s just this playlist issue that’s bugging me right now.

Hello @ferrarabrainpan, you can set your sorting criteria in the “Sort Criteria” section in Audirvana Settings and change the criteria or the order you want it to display your title in your playlist

Thanks, that did the trick by turning off sorting for streaming playlists.

NOW there are other issues…

When I select favorite tracks in Qobuz I have a lot of favorites, over 100, and I can’t scroll down to the bottom because the marker in the right hand scroll bar keeps jumping up and down and not loading all the tracks. Then I have to reset the sorting menu at the top and it works.

When I add a new Qobuz playlist it fails to add one. Then I try again. Still no new playlist appears in the list. Then I try again, by which time three new playlists appears. There’s a lag interfering with smooth functioning.

Again, I go to rename a playlist and it fails to rename the playlist, it continues to read “new playlist” even though I’ve changed the name two or three time to the name I want. This morning it did this and then started giving me an error popup message, infinitely repeating until I had to force close the program in Task Manager.

I restarted Audirvana and tried to rename the playlist again. Same thing happened with the infinitely repeating popup and forced suhutdown.

I sent you a private message to send me your logs

When I use the Album mode on Qobuz, not all of the albums appear that are in the playlists.(For instance, one contains 15 albums, but only 12 display.) I can see them if I select the Tracks mode, but that is less convenient. I’m using the Windows 3.5.10 version. Any suggestions?

Did you put the whole album in the playlist or just one song of it?

I put the entire album in the list.

Hello @Guitar1, I would like to reproduce this issue, what are the name of the albums you put in your playlist?

I am a new user, and I am a bit lost. I can’t find anything that looks like that Streaming User Playlists screen shown. I am looking in My Music > My Playlist, which shows all of the playlists I have made in Qobuz, but when I open the sort box, it says:
No sort setting for the selected view
Save for All Revert

• Add Criteria
    But when I click on the + or anywhere else, nothing happens.
    I think the sort function might be very helpful, but what I would really like to be able to do is search inside my Qobuz playlists, like I can do in the Qobuz desktop app. Is that possible?
    Thank you.

Hello @FrankW,

This thread is referring to the older version of Audirvana. Since you are using Studio, have you tried to open one of your Qobuz playlist and open the sort options?

Thanks very much for your response.

Sorting an individual Qobuz playlist seems to work fine. I am interested in sorting the entire list of playlists. Is that possible?

One thing that I have been using in Qobuz at least several times a day is running searches within my complete list of playlists. When I run this kind of search, it searches only the titles of the playlists that I have created (anywhere in the title). For example, if I run a playlist search for lewisgeorge, I get the four playlists that I have created that include that string of letters in the title. If I search for bachbran, I get the two playlists that have that string (for Bach Brandenburg Concertos). If I search for bach, I get the 90 playlists I have created with that string. Is anything like that possible in Audirvana?

Audrivana certainly does a great job on making Qobuz sound better and cleaning up all the problems. Thanks!

Best wishes!

Do you mean the sorting of the playlist in Studio in the playlist manager? here:

When do a search in studio we search for all of the playlists, it can be local/mixed or streaming. You can then filter the search you want by clicking on the icon next to each section of studio:

I can’t find anything that looks like that first image. I have never seen icons like the one next to “Batman 80” before. I don’t know how to find the playlist manager.

There are two kinds of searches I would like to use:

1. Based on the Qobuz list in that first image, I would like to be able to run a search for “Grammar” that would then produce the result of “London Grammar.” Is there a way to do that?
  2. Again based on that Qobuz list, I would like to run a search for just the beginning of each playlist, so when I run a search for “Nou” I would get both playlists that start with those letters. Is that possible?

When I run a search under “My Playlists” there are no results from the Qobuz playlists that I created. For example, I would hope a search for “00barFrescobaldi” would produce one of my three playlists that start with those letters, but I get no results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. when you do the search Grammar , your should have London Grammar in Top result of Qobuz

1. if your Qobuz playlist are public then yes, you will be able to search them in Studio otherwise we have not access to it.

I checked my Qobuz playlists, and many are public, so that must not be the problem. I will try uploading the My Playlists screen shot, and then the screen shot that I get when I run a search for 00barFrescobaldi.

Thanks.
Frank

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Can you try to do that same search in Qobuz app?