DAC vs. Tidal Sample Rate Difference

Hi,

I’m on the fence about purchasing a license but hoping the community can clear up some misinformation on my part. I’m using the setup below but see two different sample rate values on my DAC’s display versus Tidal’s standalone desktop app.

Ex: Playing the same song, Tidal shows 384khz while Audirvana shows 44.1khz. The DAC can definitely go higher but the community consensus seems to avoid upsampling. I definitely prefer the sound of Audirvana so it’s more to fulfill my curiosity.

Windows PC
DAC: SMSL SU-8 V2 (DSD512, 784 kHz capability)
AMP: Monolith THX 887

WASAPI

ASIO

Just to clarify and another example below: Tidal Desktop App: - 384kHz, Audirvana - 92kHz. Even Audirvana’s desktop app shows a discrepancy?

Hello garpthefish, Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info Audirvana button automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

I am getting the same results. Is this a bug?

Hello @G-starRock, I didn’t had a response to my last message to Garpthefish. Can you send me your Debug Info while you are connected to your DAC?