Database Location

Hi all

I have posted about this before but didn’t get and answer and, indeed, it is not a vitaly important matter - but I am curious.

Audirvana settings say my database is at

C:\Users\--------\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

but it is not. Instead, it can be founnd at

C:\Users\--------\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_fec4hfhj3emgj\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\ AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

Why the difference and how does AV ‘know’ where its database is actually located?

This is possible due to UWP implementation, since Audirvana is a UWP it can store data in this section
and if you uninstall Audirvana, the location after package will be automatically deleted.

Thank you@damien3 I have uninstalled Audirvana and I will check where it rebuilds its database tomorrow when it allows me to re-install.

Another minor matter. You MUST do something about the revoke/reinstall 24 hour delay. This is softtware for which I have paid and it’s on my PC, I should NOT have to wait a day to re-install. Uninstall/reinstall is one of the most common things to try in order to fix issues. The delay is not really acceptable, is it?

I have now re-installed Audirvana and the database has been created in exactly the same location as previously. i.e. NOT in the location advised in Settings.

This is a potential source of confusion and should be rectified. I don’t much care but others might.

My curiosity has impelled me to look into this a little further.

This location

C:\Users--------\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9484-d80dbb7827cd_fec4hfhj3emgj\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\ AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

Is the PREFERRED location. Audirvana will create it’s database here for a new installation and the journal is always created here.

This location

C:\Users--------\AppData\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

is an ACCEPTABLE location. The program will work if the database is moved here.

Bottom line is that the location shown in settings is, generally, NOT correct.

Thankfully, my days of programming are behind me. Prgrammers used to be in charge of where the data files went. I think I preferred that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.