Deleted album data base still present

Hi All,

I have this particular issue : I just deleted an album database. When I open again audirvana the data relative to this deleted data base is still present … I did “maintenance” … but still the same (of course I cant play the audio files)

Then I added the same album data base to another location … result : everything thing is in double …

Of course I can delete the local library data base and start again … but my settings will be lost … and it will be time consuming unless I can export/save my settings (intelligent playlists, filters, etc …)

So many threads for this issue, bit none is relevant solving myu issue

Help please ! What can I do please ?

Thanks in advance

Yes that sucks, the only way to get ride of double is having all your playlists exported one by one in a folder to keep them somewhere in case you have ti reimport them in one time with shift key (first and last selected)

After close Audirvana, and delete your .sqlite file (database) where it is, or best, drop an older database backup if you have one. After deleting sqlite, restart mac, restart audirvana and sync. Let it finish before playing. Then import in one shot all playlists. Arrange all ready to go, all is good, THEN Stop audirvana, yes close it… after copy that sqlite file and keep it preciously in a folder with today date. Open audirvana and play a song.

Doing that you will lose all your play count of your songs…

When it happens again, just drop the sqlite backup you have and you wont lose the playlists, and just lose counts since the last backup…

I backup very often…

You wont lose the others settings… they reside in the audirvana prefs files elsewhere.

If you can’t see your sqlite file:

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music)

Many thanks RunHomeSlow

I’m using the Windows version … The sqlite file is easy to locate and you can even change it easily within Audirvana …

Now I know that I can export the playlists … thank you

I’m very surprised that things like that are unsolved for a 100 € piece of software

I’ll be back … since so many other issues for me are still pending … And being new, I’m evaluating at this stage the data base management process. The audio capability was very easy to evaluate …and I agree that there is no real competitor in the Windows environment. Concerning the data base management, I’m still skeptical …… specially for very basic functions ….

Thanks again

Hello @jpkan, does your files are located on a NAS or locally on your Windows 10 computer?

Damien, mes fichiers étaient sur un disque externe au PC en USB3 juste à côté …
Je dois donc faire des manips/bidouilles qui prennent du temps pour palier ceci

Maintenant je m’attaque au NAS (en réseau local chez moi) et là les ennuis commencent (pour la gestion de la base des CDs) … par exemple :

• plus de mise à jour en temps reél quand je modifie des métadonnées ou ajoute un album
  • temps infiniment long pour synchroniser mes albums sur le NAS (là je suis en test avec 1000 CDs, mais j’en ai plus de 7000 …)
    etc …

Par contre qualité audio au top avec tous mes équipements !! Bravo !! j’ai comparé avec d’autres soft et j’ai été bluffé d’entendre une telle différence …

Travaillez vous principalement pour un développement Apple ? car je suis en Windows …

Merci

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.