Deleting folders from the library

I have one folder in my library - recently added - that cannot be read. When I selected the folder for entry into the library, I think I made the mistake of choosing the penultimate folder rather than the final one and so Audirvana cannot find files in that first folder.

What I find strange is that the last time I looked in the library I’m sure I saw rubbish bins on the very right of each folder entry and on that occasion I was able to delete a folder by clicking on the relevant bin. I’m sure I’m not imagining that, Now those bins are absent.

What I obviously want to do is delete the specific folder that I think I selected incorrectly and enter that final folder. I don’t want to have to delete the library in its entirety.

Hello @Johnno,

Can you send a screenshot of this?

Hello Antoine,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the situation has now changed. I did decide to delete the library’s sqlite file but not before taking a snapshot of all the folders in the library, printing them out and then creating a new library by reentering them all. I now have all the folders back again and a new sqlite file. However, I don’t have any icons on the right hand side of any of the folders in the library list and - from memory - I have four folders that won’t open and play (and that includes the original folder, which plays normally in another program I occasionally use).

I also have Audirvana installed on a laptop as well (connected to my main stereo system) and I had to upgrade Win10 on that machine so I brought it in to my desktop internet connection and when I checked its copy of Audirvana I found it displayed the rubbish bins. I know that doesn’t help my desktop dilemma but I’m puzzled as to why different computers display different things.

Can you send a screenshot?

Hello Antoine,

Here is part of the current Audirvana screen on my desktop. What isn’t showing is much the same.

Regards.

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Audirvana Studio 3.5.51 (2051)

Windows 10 (19044) with 8GB physical RAM

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 41 folders
AUTO: N:\Music\Broekhuis, Bas - Keller, Detlef - Schönwälder, Mario\Live - Not in Repelen, but at home\Broekhuis- Keller & Schönwälder - Live - Not in Repelen- but at home
AUTO: N:\Music\Broekhuis, Bas - Keller, Detlef - Schönwälder, Mario\The Annazaal Tapes (with Rainbow Serpent)\Broekhuis- Keller- Schönwälder & Friends - The Annazaal Tapes
AUTO: N:\Music\Brückner, Michael\The Crossing of Zone 3 (DL 24-44.1 WAV)\Michael Brückner - The Crossing of Zone 3
AUTO: N:\Music\Cyclical Dreams\Gemstones (DL 24-44.1 WAV)\Cyclical Dreams - Gemstones -CYD 0012
AUTO: N:\Music\Cyclical Dreams\Gemstones II (DL 24-44.1 WAV)\Cyclical Dreams - Gemstones II -CYD 0035
AUTO: N:\Music\DASK\DASK - Electron Hell (24-Bit)
AUTO: N:\Music\DSD Files\NativeDSD Downloads\Chasing A Dream (Pure DSD) - HRES2122\DSD 128fs - 2ch
AUTO: N:\Music\DSD Files\NativeDSD Downloads\Empty Triangles (Exclusive NativeDSD Edition) - SGSEMPT1\DSD 128fs - 2ch
AUTO: N:\Music\DSD Files\NativeDSD Downloads\Empty Triangles 2.0 (Exclusive NativeDSD Edition) - SGSEMPT2\DSD 128fs - 2ch
AUTO: N:\Music\DSD Files\NativeDSD Downloads\Gold Rings Of The Wounded Stone (Pure DSD) - HRES2204\DSD 128fs - 2ch
AUTO: N:\Music\Farn, Pete\RePete! (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\Pete Farn - RePete!
AUTO: N:\Music\Fusion of Elements (Syndromeda and Sensory ++)\Sessions in the Quantum Field (DL 24-44.1 WAV)\Fusion of Elements aka Syndromeda & Sensory++ - Sessions in the Quantum Field (24 Bit)
AUTO: N:\Music\HDTracks Downloads\Jethro Tull\Aqualung (96kHz - 24bit)
AUTO: N:\Music\HDTracks Downloads\Jethro Tull\Thick as a Brick [96kHz · 24bit]
AUTO: N:\Music\HDTracks Downloads\Steve Roach\Live at SoundQuest Fest 2021 [96kHz · 24bit]
AUTO: N:\Music\Heimann, Rudolf\Trancefusion - WAV (DR)
AUTO: N:\Music\Imaginary Landscape (Hans-Dieter Schmidt)
AUTO: N:\Music\Kontroll-Raum (Broekhuis, Bas - Rothe, Frank - Schönwälder, Mario)\Check In (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\Kontroll-Raum - Check In
AUTO: N:\Music\Kontroll-Raum (Broekhuis, Bas - Rothe, Frank - Schönwälder, Mario)\Live@BYSS (DL 16-44.1 WAV)
AUTO: N:\Music\La Ponto Ensemblo\ISHMAEL-at Quintessence (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\La Ponto Ensemblo - ISHMAEL-at Quintessence -CYD 0046
AUTO: N:\Music\La Ponto Ensemblo\The CERN Diaries (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\La Ponto Ensemblo - The CERN Diaries -CYD 0045
AUTO: N:\Music\La Ponto Ensemblo\The Screaming Sky of Mike Stravinsky (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\La Ponto Ensemblo - The Screaming Sky of Mike Stravinsky -CYD 0047
AUTO: N:\Music\Long, David\Ash and Bone (Full album)\David Long - Ash and Bone
AUTO: N:\Music\Lyatoshynsky, Boris\Voices From The East (DL)
AUTO: N:\Music\Nemesis - Rautiainen, Juha-Matti\Kino Sessions 2 (DL 16-33.1 WAV)\Nemesis with Juha-Matti Rautiainen - Kino Sessions 2
AUTO: N:\Music\Nemesis - Rautiainen, Juha-Matti\Off The Map (Full album error-free) (DL 16-44.1 WAV)\Nemesis & Juha-Matti Rautiainen - Off the Map
AUTO: N:\Music\Nock, Mike - New Zealand Trio\Vicissitudes\Mike Nock Trio - NZTrio - Vicissitudes
AUTO: N:\Music\Nordheim, Arne\Cikada Duo (DL MQA)\Nordheim
AUTO: N:\Music\Pickford, Andy\Vanguard #1 (H)
AUTO: N:\Music\Rachmaninov, Sergei\Symphony 1 and Symphonic Dances\Rachmaninov - Symphony No. 1 & Symphonic Dances\Rachmaninov - Symphony No. 1 & Symphonic Dances
AUTO: N:\Music\RadioSilence (Andy Pickford alias)\RadioSilence XII - Newton’s Cradle (DL 24-44.1 WAV)\RadioSilence - Newton’s Cradle
AUTO: N:\Music\Rainbow Serpent\Futuregate (1995) (FSDL)
AUTO: N:\Music\Rogue Element\Storm Passage (DL 16-44-1 WAV)\Rogue Element - Storm Passage
AUTO: N:\Music\Romerium (Rene Montfoort) - Thaneco\Dark Force\Romerium & Thaneco - Dark Force
AUTO: N:\Music\Santana\Abraxas [176_4kHz · 24bit]
AUTO: N:\Music\Shostakovich, Dmitri\Symphony 4 - 2019 download
AUTO: N:\Music\Shostakovich, Dmitri\Symphony 4 - 2019 download - Copy\HighresDL_1564914129\Royal Liverpool Philharmonic O\Shostakovich Symphony No. 4 Remaster 2015
AUTO: N:\Music\Williams John T\The Berlin Concert\Berliner Philharmoniker, John Williams\John Williams The Berlin Concert [192kHz · 24bit]
AUTO: N:\Music\Wright, David\Stranger Days\Stranger Days flac 24bit
AUTO: N:\Music\Wøllo, Erik\Winter Tide (Live at SoundQuest Fest 2021) [96kHz · 24bit]
AUTO: J:\Local Disk\Music\HighResAudio\Shostakovich 4th\Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra & Vasily Petrenko\Shostakovich_ Symphony No. 4 (Remaster 2015)
Library database path: J:\Local Disk\Music\AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Max. memory for audio buffers: 1548MB

Local Audio Engine:WASAPI

Preferred device:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Model UID:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
UID:\?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{fc3add41-3b2e-4741-b9e8-2fda428f6667}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}

Active Sample Rate: 48kHz

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Manufacturer:
Model UID:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) UID:\?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{fc3add41-3b2e-4741-b9e8-2fda428f6667}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}

4 available sample rates up to 192000Hz
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: No
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to MQA Renderer
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.1
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: No

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 20bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 20bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 20bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 192kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 20bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 192kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 192kHz

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Manufacturer: Model UID: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) UID: \?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{fc3add41-3b2e-4741-b9e8-2fda428f6667}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}
Device #1: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) Manufacturer: Model UID: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) UID: \?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{56946691-332b-4f32-bf21-56ada83b2409}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}

UPnP devices found : 0

Hello @Johnno,

Can you please scroll to the end of the list in the settings and check if you see this horizontal scrolling bar?

Hi Antoine,

Somehow I lost touch with the community here, not sure what happened.

In answer to your question about the rubbish bins at the end of the image you posted, my answer was yes some time ago but it’s now a definite NO and I don’t know why the situation has changed. I remember sending you a Debug listing.and I presume you’ve been studying that. It’s interesting that I have now found myself in a situation where I want to delete more folders as I have one that won’t play and another where the files in the album are out of order. I would really like to get to the bottom of this.

Many thanks.

Hello @Johnno,

Do you do not have the scroll bar at the end of the list of the synced folders?

Antoine,

If you are referring to the scroll bar at the right-hand side of the folders in the library in the install area, then YES definitely. I’m not sure what other scroll bar you could be referring to.

I was wondering if my copy of Audirvana could have somehow become corrupted and if I uninstalled it and then installed another copy whether that might fix the problem. I am using version 3.5.51 and I think I read somewhere that it can be easily installed now. I have saved my licence key if I need to use it and I have my sqlite file on a drive where it’s not going to be deleted so I should be able to get it up and running easily enough. However, I won’t do anything until I receive a reply from you. Thanks.

You can try reinstalling Audirvāna. I also recommend you to sync N:\Music\ or N:\Music(artists name) only so you won’t get the really long path to remove the sync folder.

I’m so disappointed. I uninstalled Audirvana then rebooted the system before reinstalling it again and everything went perfectly: the entry of the licence key and the restoration of the library. However, when I checked the folders installed, there are still no rubbish bins at the right-hand end of each entry.

One thing I hadn’t noticed before was a Delete option when I right-clicked on the album cover in the library and I thought that might be the answer to my problem. However, I soon discovered that it didn’t affect the list of album folders as set up and the two entries I was hoping to delete were still there. I was able to restore one of the deleted albums to the library (the one where the tracks were in the wrong order) but not the other one (the one that couldn’t be opened - and I still can’t figure out what’s wrong with that!)

Antoine,

I feel so stupid I could crawl under a stone. I didn’t read one of your messages closely enough when you asked if there was a horizontal scroll bar under the list of folders entered. For some inexplicable reason, I interpreted that as meaning a vertical scroll bar.

Yes, there is a horizontal scroll bar under the end of the folder list and, yes, if I scroll out the rubbish bins are all there at the ends of each entry.

The least I can do is apologise for wasting your time.

John Marchington

1 Like

Hello @Johnno, not a problem for me :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.