Display "Work" and "Mouvement"

Hello all !

I’m using Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.43 (3573) - macOS 10.15.7 with 16384MB RAM.

Could you tell me how to display the tracks window like this (from Audirvana 3.0 Manual)

Thanks for your help

Hello, this is the standard display I have on my PC

What is missing for you ?

I have the same display as you.
However, I would like to.display the “Work” and “Mouvement” tags like the image I posted.

Dear Oufti,

I think you can achieve that by following the historical workaround adopted at a time when no specific metadata fields was available for classical or programmatic music.
It consists in using the “Grouping” metadata field to store the Work name, leaving the “Name” field either as they usually are, or pared down to the Movement specific information (i.e. Allegro ma non troppo, Andante, etc…)

Please bear in mind that this convention is unique to Audirvana.
This means that if you use too heavily modified metadata complying with Audirvana’s conventions, the tracks might not look as good and informative when played on another software, on your phone or tablet.

I think it would be a good idea to abandon this convention now that classical music specific metadata fields are available, or at least not to force that old convention upon the users.
After all, some may need to use the “Grouping” field for other purpose.
So far, Damien has chosen to ignore suggestions to that effect.

Grwfsywash,
Thanks for your detailed answer.
Since I did change the metadatas of my classical records using Jaikoz with the “work” and “movement” tags I understand now that Audivarna wants me to use “Group” and “Track title” instead, so the time spent was useless. I don’t want to do all this work again so I will leave it like that.
Anyway thanks for your help.

Dear Oufti,

You are welcome.

Having like you gone through the great effort of filling the metadata of tens of thousands classical tracks with relevant information, I have resigned myself to living with Audirvana as it is: a wonderful core surrounded by innumerable rough edges…

Sure !

It it can help, I know the MP3tag has facilites to perform mass modifications, including copy from tag to tag.

Laurent69,
thanks for the hint, but I can do the same with Metadatics. Anyway the benefit is not worth the effort and I will live with the way Audivarna display the titles ! Maybe in a future …

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.