Doubling Files and/or Is it Possible to Actually Restart?

Hello All,

Recently purchased Audirvana, was much enjoying the giant leap forward in SQ from iTunes when trouble arose… For whatever reason, Audirvana began doubling everything when it loaded. So, for instance, I went from 100 albums and 1000 songs, then 200 albums and 2000 songs. Then it doubled when restarted, then doubled that again! I removed the harddrive from the library and tried to re-sync. No dice, same problems.
So I attempted to remove Audirvana to reinstall. It kept an original proto-version of the library and would not update, and it kept in sync with an old version of my library even though nothing shows as being sync’d. So, I downloaded a program to find and remove everything Audirvana then downloaded anew, and without sync’ing anything I get the same proto-library listing. Then I removed and de-authorized, then re-downloaded 24 hours later and tried again… same thing.

So how the heck do I start over again, where is this ‘library’ hidden, I can’t find anything, anywhere on my computer? Is there any remedy to doubling files and ghost libraries? Please help…

Does anyone here know how to clear out Audirvana completely from a Mac and restart from the ground up? I guess with no answer in two weeks from Audirvana or the forum, I’m just screwed?

Close A+

Start fresh A+ by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and
save them in a folder… when A+ is reset, you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again…

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others…
Install A+ alone with your database… if working, log to Roon or else after.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC. This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo…
LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.