DSD -> USB playback issue

Hello, I have just started trying Audirvana now. My setup is macbook air with USB output to the DAC inside Estoric K05x CD player. The sound is not audible.

Tried other music player like VOX with no problem. Just want to see if Audirvana can offer better audio result.
Music file is 5.6Mhz DSF file
Thanks

Welcome…
In the “DAC INPUT” configuration, under the “Direct Stream Digital (DSD)” settings… you must enable “Native DSD streaming method”DSD over PCM 1.1 (DoP 1.1)

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

Thanks for the help.

After changing the setting, the audio improved a bit but not much. It started clear then noise, then clear and noise. I am starting to wonder if this is a buffering issue, so I also enabled large buffer. No improvement.

Hi @Alan_Pi,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

@Alan_Pi … Also…Make sure your K05x firmware is up-to-date.

I would try a hard reset of the K05x: unplug from power, replug and restart. Works with a NA11-S1.

For me it as a simple as moving all three sliders to the right in the Midi app with your DAC selected.

Thank everyone for the help. I managed to get the app running by updating the Estoric USB driver, and a complete restart of the mac.

The app runs great but with some occasional spikes of distortion. Looking at the CPU and memory usage,

the app only takes up 3% of the CPU (amazing) and the system memory usage is running close to max 4G memory.

My mac is quite old, 2014 era, the occasional distortion is mostly depended on what I am doing on the mac. So I believe the issue lies with slow I/O from the external HD.

Nothing wrong with the app, just my system set up. I might look into upgrading to the latest mac.

Best to all

1 Like

Could be related to the DSD files… Were these extracted from SACD .ISO?

Make sure your DAC is at the top of your USB Device Tree hierarchy… Distortion is different from interrupts or stuttering, which would be due to data latency… The DAC should always be the first device if your HDD is on the USB bus… If you have Thunderbolt or Firewire, move you HDD to that bus… Obviously, the transfer speed of the HDD is always something to consider… However, it boils down to the bus bandwidth and the transfer speed of the storage device.