duplicate tracks

I’m using a mac mini with Snow Leopard OS and Playback Designs DAC. A+ has been working great for a while although when I recently
updated to A+ 3.2.12 all my music files were duplicated in A+. My music storage is on an outboard drive. There are no duplicate files on that drive.
When this first happened I simply deleted all duplicate music tracks in A+ (PITA) but when I emptied that trash in A+ the music files could not be found.
I needed to copy all files from a backup my music storage drive. I again deleted all duplicate tracks but did NOT empty trash in A+. This worked fine and music files play fine. But when I download NEW music there are duplicate tracks every time. Any thoughts on how to remedy this issue??? Thanks in advance.

I never delete songs to A+ trash, always remove them from the Hard disc :slight_smile:

Try setting your Soft like new from scratch:

First go to A+ prefs panel and remove your database with the minus sign, wait, then you have nothing there. Close A+.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences, back it up! or not))
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart Mac. Restart A+. Add a music folder and WAIT to completion loading done.

Thank you for response. I never had duplicate tracks on my storage drive.