Error opening library file on Mac

Audirvana doesn’t start giving the following error message: “Can’t find library database file at location /Library/Application Support/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite
Do you want to quit now and try again later or create a new blank library file?”

If I click to create a new blank file, it doesn’t do it and closes.

I had several copies of the same album in the library, and selected to create a new .sqlite library to hope fix it. After Audirvana restart the above error is shown. That file shown in the error box doesn’t exist.

Any hints on how to get the software started again?

Hello @wilson_82, can you take a look at the location you have in the error message? In the finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (This is the one for Audirvana 3.5, the other is for the older version 3).

Hi Damien,

The folder does not exist in my Mac, this was also what I was noticing this morning, and therefore had chosen to set up a new .sqlite DB directly in the Library folder.
Now I both don’t have the Audirvana sub-folder in the Library (and therefore no sqlite file there) and also no new sqlite file in the Library folder I gave as a destination.

Any other hint?

Thanks

Exactely same issue on Mac mini; can’t use Audirvana anymore

Hello @giosue,

When you take a look at the location where your audirvana database is supposed to be, do you see a sqlite file?

Thanks Damian,
Don’t mind, I silly moved the location and than forgot about
Fixed now by re-install
Ciao
Giosue

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.