Error recognizing Tidal track format

Just this, the others are OK.

You should ask Tidal about why you can’t get the 16/44 for this album, it’s probably an issue on their side.

I don’t have this problem with Tidal via roon and mconnect (screens in the first post)

Details from foobar2000:

For me there are two problems here.

1. Tidal offers a low lossy file where a lossless file is available.

2. Audirvana doesn’t like the aac file and doesn’t decode it properly.

This file is not a FLAC file, it’s then a lossy version of this Album that Tidal has in his catalog.

Have you tried the other version which is MQA in Audirvāna Studio?

Also for the Roon screenshot you sent. Tidal is not give 24/44 track unless it’s not a MQA tracks so what displayed by Roon is either a mistake by them or they upsample the track without indicating it in the signal path.

I’m a bit puzzled by the last screenshot you sent, is it the file you are trying to play in Tidal that you downloaded from Tidal by removing it’s DRM protection?

1 Like

Other versions are ok. The file was downloaded from Tidal. (Source: SK HiFi forum https://hififorum.sk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=126&start=58)

This then means exactly what I said earlier. We do not recommend you to do such thing as this is clearly against the ToS of Tidal Terms and Conditions of Use | TIDAL

1 Like

An unknown member of the sk forum did it

If it’s illegal then that’s not a strong argument.

1 Like

legality and conditions of use are two different things

Downloading or capturing the file for use outside the Tidal envisioned scenarios is a violation of T&C. Stripping the DRM protection is a copyright violation and it’s illegal.

2 Likes

The discussion is going in the wrong direction. The problem is why AS does not recognize data from Tidal correctly as mconnect.

If the metadata has been illegally modified, all bets are off as far as supporting such activity… Pose your questions to the person that illegally modified the file and criminally distributed it.

What is illegal in these 2 pictures and explain them.

Ok, on your device, do you see a difference when you are using MConnect and Audirvāna Studio for this album?

Yes.

What do you see on your device screen when playing this album with Audirvāna Studio? I don’t need the screenshots of MConnect and Audirvāna Studio, only the information displayed from your device itself.

Which device? Mconnect on mobile or Audirvana on PC?

You are using a USB device in ASIO, what is the name of this device and manufacturer?