Exclusive Access Audio Lock Pulsing

Hi All

I’ve actually been a Audirvana user for some years and I love the app.

I’ve noticed that sometimes the lock symbol for Exclusive Access Audio is pulsing while I’m playing a track. I have Audirvana set up to use my Meridian DAC and all is working just fine, but sometimes there is this strange pulsing and it is a bit irritating actually.

If I quit the app and then launch it the pulsing has stopped. But why the pulsing? What does it mean?

Thank you.

Hi @piglet,

Have you paused the music while you see it pulsing?

Hi

Thank you for your response. I think that pausing the music will start the pulsing, but it continues pulsing when I play the music again.

Clicking on the icon to unlock then locking it again will stop the pulsing. However it is kind of ridiculous to have to keep doing that.

I don’t know what the pulsing is supposed to signify. If the lock is open than Audirvana is not connected to the external DAC, if the lock is closed then it is. So what is the pulsing about?

This happens on both my copies of Audivana, I have one on my Mac Mini and one on my MacBook Air. Both do this weird pulsing thing for no apparent reason.

Can you send us a copy of the "Debug Info“ when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content. All you have to do is paste it in response to this message.

Hi

I have got the text from “Debug Info” but I don’t wish to put this into a public forum.

I did send an email about this problem to your support email a while ago but there has been no response to that.

I will send the “Debug Info” to your support email if I feel that it is going to be attended to.

I have noticed that the pulsing problem is closely related to the display of the “Playback paused. Click on the lock icon to stop playback and release audio output.” message.

If I click to pause then that message comes up and, of course, the pulsing starts. If I click to play while that message is there then the pulsing stops as it should. However if I wait until that message disappears, then click play the pulsing continues while the track is playing. The “solution” for the time being is to click to pause again, bringing up that message, then click play again while the message is still there. So, now I have got the track playing without the pulsing. However obviously it is a lot of hassle to have to go through this rigmarole just to get the pulsing to stop.

There is no private information in the debug info. There is only general info about the version of your OS, your settings in Audirvana, your sound card, your available RAM etc. This info is meant so that other people in this forum can help you. You can paste it in a text document before you post it in this forum and than you can see exactly what is in it and even edit it before posting if you wish.

I understand you are concerned about your privacy, but in this case there is nothing to worry about.

Hi

I have sent the “Debug Info” text to the Audirvana support email address. I would be grateful if you would look into this and advise.

Thank you.

Hi @piglet,

I will come back to you by email on this.