Fast forward/rewind not working on specific songs and devices

Hi all,

I am using Audirvana Studio on macOS v3.1.0 and I am seeing an issue when playing the same TIDAL tracks across two different devices.

On my KEF LSX II, I can seek forward and backward on every track I have tried.

On my Trinnov Altitude 16, some tracks do not allow seeking. When I try to fast forward or rewind, Audirvana automatically skips to the next track in the queue instead.

Example of track working on both devices:

Example of track where seeking fails on Trinnov only:

I have tried running Audirvana from both macOS and Windows as the server. I have also tested seeking directly from the laptop, from an iPhone, and from an Android device. The behaviour is consistent across all control devices, which makes me think this may be specific to the Trinnov playback path rather than the controller or server.

I cannot prove this with absolute certainty, but I am fairly sure this worked in version 2.x. The 1812 Overture is one of the tracks I often use to demonstrate how subwoofers can help with two-channel music, and I used to skip regularly to the last couple of minutes.

Is anyone else seeing similar behaviour with Audirvana Studio 3.x and a Trinnov device?

Thanks!

Hi @CannaLucente ,

Can you send us a copy of the "Debug Info“ when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account.

Note: When you click on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content. Please paste it in response to this email.

Hi Antoine, thank you for your reply. There you go. I’ve copied the debug info right after trying to seek (and Audirvana automatically skipped to the next song - without playing it). Let me know if you need anything else!

Audirvana Studio 3.1.0 (30100)

Running on MacBook Pro (14-inch, M5 Max), Apple M5 Max
macOS 26.5.1 ARM64 with 128GB physical RAM

Connected account of : xxxx

NETWORK
Status: available
Local network access: allowed

REMOTE CONTROL SERVER:
Listening on
en0 IPv4: 192.168.50.104
on port 51096

LOADING/DECODING:
Max audio buffer size: 128000MB
Polarity Inversion:
Globally: OFF
Per track: ON

SIGNAL PROCESSING:
Convolver: OFF
Internal EQ: OFF
Crossfeed: OFF
Balance: OFF

PLUGINS: NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
r8brain not in use
r8brain filter parameters
Bandwidth = 99.5%
Stop band attenuation 218dB
Phase linear

AUDIO VOLUME:
Replay Gain: None
Volume step size: 1dB
Max allowed volume: 100

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 0 folders
Sync folders at startup: YES
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Sort and display order: en
Library database path: /Users/max/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Local audio files fingerprinting
Tracks with no MBID: 15

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
TIDAL: Connected as PREMIUM

APPEARANCE SETTINGS:
UI theme: dark
Font size: regular
Language: System language
Show album covers in tracks list: yes
Source list sorted:
Local
Favorites
Playlists
Streaming
Radios
Podcasts
Startup view: Local Library: Albums
Show local extended in source list: yes
Use media keys: yes
Use media keys for volume control: yes
Use Apple Remote: yes
Number of paired remotes: 2
Remote pairing code required: yes
Screen saver disabled: no

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Active method: UPnP

UPnP network interface
Available Network interfaces:
Wi-Fi

Preferred device: [UPnP] Altitude-16-2977 Model UID:Trinnov Audio Altitude16 UID:uuid:48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73

Currently playing to UPnP device at 24 bits 44.1kHz
Selected device: Altitude-16-2977
Manufacturer: Trinnov Audio
Model name: Altitude16
Model UID: Trinnov Audio Altitude16
UID: uuid:48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73
Plays with Audirvāna: Yes
Override manufacturer settings: No
UPnP device at http://192.168.50.49:41813/48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73.xml
ID 0x0

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
44100
48000
88200
96000

Volume control: Yes
Max volume alert: Disabled

MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not automatically detected, user set to not MQA

DSD capability
Unhandled (PCM conversion) with boost gain of 6dB

Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

UPnP set capabilities
Maximum PCM frequency set: 96000Hz
Maximum PCM bitdepth set: 24
Not native DSD capable
Number of channels: 2
Avoid RAW PCM streams: No
Unwanted playback stop workaround: No

UPnP / DLNA supported protocols :
http-get::audio/x-wav:
http-get::audio/mpeg:
http-get::application/ogg:
http-get::audio/x-vorbis:
http-get::audio/x-vorbis+ogg:
http-get::audio/ogg:
http-get::audio/x-flac:
http-get::audio/x-flac+ogg:
http-get::audio/flac:
http-get::audio/x-aiff:
http-get::audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:
http-get::audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:
rtsp::audio/x-wav:
rtsp::audio/mpeg:
rtsp::application/ogg:
rtsp::audio/x-vorbis:
rtsp::audio/x-vorbis+ogg:
rtsp::audio/ogg:
rtsp::audio/x-flac:
rtsp::audio/x-flac+ogg:
rtsp::audio/flac:
rtsp::audio/x-aiff:
rtsp::audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:
rtsp::audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:
DLNA 1.5: No
Native Gapless playback: Yes
Universal Gapless playback active: Yes
Missing events workaround: Yes
Can play native DSD: No
Volume Control: scalar
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x0 0 channels starting at 0
8 virtual formats:
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz finite length
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz finite length

0 physical formats

Current device transportInfo:
CurrentTransportState: STOPPED
CurrentTransportStatus: OK
CurrentSpeed: 1

Current device MediaInfo:
NrTracks: 0
MediaDuration: 0:00:00
CurrentURI: http://192.168.50.104:49152/audirvana/gaplessAudio_f_17.wav
CurrentURIMetadata: <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc=" DCMI: DCMI Metadata Terms ; xmlns:upnp=“urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/” xmlns=“urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/” xmlns:dlna=“urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/”>

dc:titleAudirvana gapless playback</dc:title>
upnp:classobject.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class>
http://192.168.50.104:49152/audirvana/gaplessAudio_f_17.wav&lt;/res&gt;

nextURI: 
nextURIMetadata: 
PlayMedium: NOT_IMPLEMENTED
RecordMedium: NOT_IMPLEMENTED
WriteStatus: NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Current transport actions:

Current device AVT service description:

<?xml version="1.0"?> 1 0 urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 Altitude-16-2977 Trinnov Audio https://www.trinnov.com Altitude16 0.1 https://www.trinnov.com uuid:48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73 urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager /xml/ConnectionManager.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelSinkConnectionManager /Control/Playbin/RygelSinkConnectionManager urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport /xml/AVTransport2.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelAVTransport /Control/Playbin/RygelAVTransport urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl /xml/RenderingControl2.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelRenderingControl /Control/Playbin/RygelRenderingControl image/png 120 120 32 /Playbin-120x120x32.png image/png 48 48 32 /Playbin-48x48x32.png image/jpeg 120 120 24 /Playbin-120x120x24.jpg image/jpeg 48 48 24 /Playbin-48x48x24.jpg

Current device RootDevice description:

<?xml version="1.0"?> 1 0 urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 Altitude-16-2977 Trinnov Audio https://www.trinnov.com Altitude16 0.1 https://www.trinnov.com uuid:48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73 urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager /xml/ConnectionManager.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelSinkConnectionManager /Control/Playbin/RygelSinkConnectionManager urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport /xml/AVTransport2.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelAVTransport /Control/Playbin/RygelAVTransport urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1 urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl /xml/RenderingControl2.xml /Event/Playbin/RygelRenderingControl /Control/Playbin/RygelRenderingControl image/png 120 120 32 /Playbin-120x120x32.png image/png 48 48 32 /Playbin-48x48x32.png image/jpeg 120 120 24 /Playbin-120x120x24.jpg image/jpeg 48 48 24 /Playbin-48x48x24.jpg

UPnP devices found : 2
Device #0: ID 0x0 : Altitude-16-2977
UID: uuid:48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73
Location: http://192.168.50.49:41813/48fc905b-36ec-4525-a7f9-afc975db4b73.xml
Manufacturer: Trinnov Audio
Model name: Altitude16
Device #1: ID 0x0 : LSX II-041492
UID: uuid:3a2b6a7e-e329-4150-a66f-d94c1323257a
Location: http://192.168.50.19:16500/3a2b6a7e-e329-4150-a66f-d94c1323257a.xml
Manufacturer: KEF
Model name: LSX II

Local

Max. memory for audio buffers: 128000MB

Local Audio Engine:
CoreAudio
Actual I/O buffer frame size: 0

Local devices found : 5
Device #0: ID 0x69 LG ULTRAGEAR+
Manufacturer: GSM
Model UID: 1E6DC577-0000-0000-0621-010380462778
UID: 1E6DC577-0000-0000-0621-010380462778
Model name: GSM LG ULTRAGEAR+
Device #1: ID 0x9d LSX II
Manufacturer: KEF
Model UID: LSX II:27AC:1060
UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:KEF:LSX II:122000:2
USB Vendor ID: 0x27ac
USB Product ID: 0x1060
Model name: KEF LSX II
Device #2: ID 0x61 Sennheiser SP 10 for Lync
Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer
Model UID: Sennheiser SP 10 for Lync:1395:0043
UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:Unknown Manufacturer:Sennheiser SP 10 for Lync:5060480087009677:1
USB Vendor ID: 0x1395
USB Product ID: 0x0043
Model name: Unknown Manufacturer Sennheiser SP 10 for Lync
Device #3: ID 0x50 MacBook Pro Speakers
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Model UID: Speaker
UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice
Model name: Apple Inc. MacBook Pro Speakers
Device #4: ID 0x57 Microsoft Teams Audio
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corp.
Model UID: MSLoopbackDriverDevice_ModelUID
UID: MSLoopbackDriverDevice_UID
Model name: Microsoft Corp. Microsoft Teams Audio

Chromecast

Chromecast devices found : 2
Device #0: SHIELD
ID: 38cf3f82b829b4bc0633a6329ccf817a
Model name: SHIELD Android TV
Device #1: LSX II-041492
ID: dc0a8093d55b1710ed6a85c20f557c7a
Model name: LSX II

Can you please check if the loading of the track was complete when you do the seek?

How do I check that? Thanks.

Jun-09-2026 11-00-29

Yes it was fully loaded - see below. Randomly (once every several tries) the seeking works. But only once and then the behaviour ends up being the same (i.e. it skips to the next song).

Can you go into the Audirvāna settings and in the My Account section? You will see a ‘Start Log Session’ button; click on it and reproduce your issue. After you reproduce it, click 'Stop Log Session’ and send me the audirvana_studio.log file you can find by clicking the 'Open Log Folder’ button at [email protected].

Seems odd that your debug info reports that the device is capable of Native Gapless Audio but you have the universal Gapless playback Workaround turned on in the default “plays with Audirvana” settings.

I would try overriding the manufacturer settings and turning off the universal gapless playback workaround . This should only be required when the device is not capable of gapless playback natively. Also I would set your buffer allocation to 8168 MB, no need to allow all your 128 GB RAM to be available for Audirvana.

Had issues with playback with Devialet Phantom Ultimates which had default Universal Gapless Playback turned on , problems disappeared with it off…..

This worked! By switching off the Universal Gapless I can seek without issues (no changes to memory allocation). However I get a different error where the following tracks starts. Gapless works perfectly from an acoustic standpoint (i.e. I hear no gap). However the player keeps on showing the previous one stuck at 00:02. If I enable the universal gapless, the player shows the right transition but I cannot seek.
@Antoine will send you the logs shortly.

Thanks everyone for your help!

As @Djm1960 states… :warning:You have 100% of your 128GB of System RAM allocated for Loading/Decoding playback buffering!!!.. More System RAM is better!.. reduce your preload memory allocation to 15GB… There is no practical reason for more than 15GB of preload memory.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Thanks @Agoldnear! Done :slight_smile: In practical terms it never used more than 7/800 MBs so it doesn’t make much difference. Unfortunately it didn’t solve the UI problem (with the Universal Gapless Deactivated). Will wait for Antoine to get back and advice on that. Will keep you posted.

Try rebooting your playback system…

I don’t have this behavior in playback…
My system:

  • M2 Max Mac Studio w/64GB RAM

  • 13GB playback preload allocation

  • macOS 26.5.1

  • Audirvāna Studio 3.1.0

  • Locally attached library SSD via USB3.0

  • Locally attached DAC via Thunderbolt 3 → USB 3.0 → USB 2.0

  • All PCM files are modulated after Virtual LR+C Cross-feed processing to DSD256 in r8Brain because I am headphone-centric… Binaural DSD playback via DoP 1.1.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Hi, tried restarting everything, including my router and no luck. Do you have a Trinnov as well? If so, which fw do you have on it?

Just checking as I don’t face the issue when playing on my LSX II so it seems very device specific.

Thanks!

It may be the case that the Trinnov box does not support DLNA 1.5

*Verify the Trinnov firmware is up-to-date.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Unfortunately I can’t update the software myself (and the one I have is the most recent).

Will wait for Antoine to respond and, if DLNA 1.5 is the problem, I’ll reach out to Trinnov.

Like many component manufacturers, Trinnov may be using a proprietary implementation of UPnP, in support of their ‘Media Contoller’ software.

Audirvāna is not a UPnP “Media Server” it is a player and there is no communication reported-back about the status of the signal received by the renderer.

From the Altitude 16 manual Chapter 3:

I am presuming that Trinnov will provide you with remote support in this context.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Audirvana certies the Trinnov as a compatible player so they must have been working with them to get it working - and the fix must be on one platform or the other (or possibly both). As I’ve already raised the issue to Audirvana, I’ll wait for their instructions before involving Trinnov too (as I’d imagine they might already be doing that).

Hi Antoine, do you have any updates on this issue? Should I raise it to Trinnov support as well? Thanks.

Hi @CannaLucente , please raise the issue to Trinnov as well, as they probably have more ways to troubleshoot what is going on in the unit itself.