Fatal Error adding folder to watch list

3.5 continues to disappoint … Now, it won’t add my music library. Instead, I repeatedly get the error message; “Fatal Error adding folder to watch list. Unexpected error while adding folder /Volumes/… Library to the watch list.”

The library resides on an external hard drive, which clearly mounts on the desktop, and I can work on files etc… on that drive. The previous version of Audirvana never had any trouble with this.

I’m running Mojave 10.14.5. Has anyone else had this problem? and more importantly, do they know of a fix? Meanwhile, I’l try uninstalling 3.5 and re-installing, I suppose.

Cheers…

FWIW I’m on the same exact version as you (of MacOS) and have zero issues. In fact, I’ve never had any library related issues with Audirvana.
Maybe I am lucky.

Here is what my folder structure looks like, for reference. Also stored on an external (Western Digital Passport 4TB) via USB 3.

FWIW I’m on the same exact version as you (of MacOS) and have zero issues. In fact, I’ve never had any library related issues with Audirvana.
Maybe I am lucky.

Here is what my folder structure looks like, for reference. Also stored on an external (Western Digital Passport 4TB) via USB 3.

Try going in Audirvana preferences panel and remove your watch folder(s) there with the minus sign.
Close Audirvana.
Restart Mac.
Restart Audirvana and tell it where is your music when opening, let it load first before trying another task…

Thanks, but Audirvana won’t load my library in the first place, so I can’t delete it from preferences.

Scotiophile: thanks for the reply… My folder structure is almost identical: I just don’t have the genre folders. Previous versions of Audirvana have always worked just fine with my library… I think I’ll just go back to v.3. I prefer the interface anyway…

Hi there,
Was about to post about this and saw someone else with this issue!
Must be the latest upgrade as it’s been fine up until now.
My library folder is a Shared Folder on my Synology NAS - not sure if this has anything to do with it.
Regards,
John

Which folder are you trying to add? The shared folder itself, or one below?

Hi,

It’s the shared folder itself, to which I have full read/write permissions.

Thanks,

John

Ok, I’ll look to get it fixed in a release for the end of this week.

You can update to 3.5.14 that fixes this issue.

Damien, I have the same problem. I upgraded to Mojave and to 3.5.15 and still have that Fatal error message when trying to add my music library ???

Can you check the system log to get the detailed error?
For this, first launch the Console application
In the left panel, select your computer, and in the filter filed (top right of the Console window), enter Audirvana
Then reproduce the issue (trying to add your Music folder in Audirvana).
You should have at least one line with a message on File Sync

Hi jfm1:

As Damien has pointed out, the update to 3.5.14 fixes this issue — or at least, it did for me. Audirvana now automatically scans and updates my music library as well…

Hi Dave:
I am on Mac Version 3.5.15 and still have that fatal error!!!

I started having this issue after installing 3.5.16. Never had it before.

After rebooting my NAS and trying older Audirvana versions and older library files, I tried it on another bootable partition of the same SD card (a plain vanilla with full Sierra updates. No joy.

To use the SD card on my old 2010 Mac mini, I have stuck with Sierra. I haven’t had too many issues with Sierra.

I then booted up on my internal hard drive (plain Sierra) and 3.5.16 worked fine. However, the problem occurred when I was syncing my library. I won’t do that until tonight.

Any possibility this might be fixed for 3.5.17?

Here are some screenshots of the problem.

Thanks for all the hard work Damien,
Luke :pray:

image|690x361

I’m running Audirvana headlessly on an older dedicated Mac Mini that is running El Capitan. Up until 2 days ago it was doing just fine on 3.5.25. The library was empty and it had disconnected from Tidal. I updated to the latest 3.5.38 and the problem remains. I deleted the program and reinstalled it from scratch. Still no luck. Adding any folder to be synced returns this error. The HDD otherwise checks out fine.

Hello @elcoholic,

Can you get the log of this error?

Hi,

I have the very same problem. I’m using the latest version of the app. It worked well until yesterday. I became aware of the problem when I realized my entire library had disappeared! Each time I try to load files I get the “Fatal Error” alert. I re-installed the app, each time removing the ‘Plist’ entries from the Library/Preferences. Nothing works.

I attach the entire entry from the Console. Perhaps someone will be able to figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help !

• Lan

As requested:

Untitled