Feature request : simplification of use with two computers

It should be easier to use Audirvana studio from more than one computer (e.g. a desktop and a laptop) without having to go to the Audirvana website to “disconnect” the other computer. Or, even better, it should be possible to use AS from two computers, as it is the case with Audirvana 3.5.

Fully agree. Same issue here

1 Like

+1 :+1:

Just disconnect from the app,
not from the website…
and reconnect from the other computer…

in MacOS the app does not remember the pw, making this a (further) hassle

1 Like

Try disconnect once from the app and reconnect same computer, it should stick.

i see now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Antoine
Pleaaaaase Antoine do something for that!
It is not difficult to make it just friendly while keeping the same security level.

I’d second that - I can no longer conveniently use the same Audirvana app in both my office system (where I do the ripping and metdatat editing) and in my main system where I just want to enjoy the music. 3.2 worked perfectly/3.5 always corrupted any playlist seen by the two installations - I really would like to get back to having access to my music from two locations. David

1 Like

I agree. It should be much easier to swap between devices.

I have 1 install on my laptop (at home) for headphone listening and the second on my NUC which is used for network playback to my streamer and is on 24/7, and to be honest it’s a pain whenever I need to switch accounts between the two so I wholeheartedly agree.
Also a pain, although slightly off-topic, is having to have the source device (streamer in my case) turned ON just to be able to access the account settings within Studio.

I just found this forum posting while searching for the autofill function for Audirvana Studio. I agree that it is very annoying to be forced to log into the app, every time I want to use it. I’d appreciate it very much if the autofill function could be enabled with the next update!

2 Likes

It’s definitely one of the reasons, I won’t switch to studio!
Paying for one year and having trouble to switch using two computers is anachronistic. Most applications allow usage of up to 3 installations in parallel.

1 Like

I am on a trial with Studio. Can someone verify that this is a Studio only issue? That with Origin I could bounce back and forth (latop/desktop) with ease?

Meanwhile this issue is luckily resolved!

Solved that. I can hear my system over the entire house….:sunglasses:

I am new to Audirvāna and this problem has kept me up at night!
I know we now have Origin since the last reply
So let get this straight I can change the computer settings on the app on my tablet to a second computer (same password?)
Then do the same when I return to first home computer?
Love the great sound but not happy if I need to purchase a
Second Studio and Origin!

Best Martin

whenever you click a studio or origin on a second computer
it will disconnect the first one…
no need to buy 2, not have to go nowhere to make it work…

I’ve just started a trial of Audirvana Studio. I like it so far, but as a user frequently swapping between desktop and laptop, the single login issue is a deal-breaker. It’s just too annoying to continually need to re-login, and a constant reminder that Audirvana doesn’t trust me as a paying customer.

Even Adobe allows two concurrent activations for their Lightroom and Photoshop subscription.

I hope I receive a notification if this policy changes so I can make a decision to purchase.

1 Like