Files Over 4GB

Tagging files over 4GB is problematic, I get it. However, is there a way to at least store the information in the Audirvana database, so the files that are over 4GB at least appear next to the other tracks in the same album? Other apps do this nicely.

Here is one example.

These tracks are under 4GB and the metadata is read just fine.

These tracks are over 4GB. They appear as another album.

I will note that when I try to tag these files in Audirvana, I receive the following error.

Hi @chris,

I will need one of the file stored in the other album to reproduce this behavior. I sent you a PM with a link to upload the file :wink:

I just uploaded two files from the same album. One is under 4GB and one is over 4GB. The smaller one should have tags already, and the larger one does not.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Is it possible for Audirvana to tag WAVE64 (W64) files larger than 4GB? I tried but received the same message.

Hi @chris,

Does the two files you sent me over are WAVE64 tracks? I can reproduce your issue. I will come back to you as soon as I have more information to share.

I received the files from Morten Lindberg of 2L. He released the album as a discrete immersive album, 12 channels of DXD. My guess is they are WAVE64 with a WAV extension rather than W64, but I really don’t know.

1 Like

I also just tried a WavPack file that’s 7.8GB and I can’t embed Metadata into it using Audirvana. I get the same error as when using WAVs that are huge.

The biggest one you sent me is a RF64 file which is not handled by the lib use in Audirvāna as it’s a very rare file format so this is why you have this error.

But for the other you sent, I have been able to change it’s metadata.

Can you check if it’s also the case for you?

Yes, I sent you one that works and one that doesn’t. I wanted you to have a baseline of a working file :~)

1 Like