Filter My Music by Genre

I’m new to AS, so I may be missing something for which I apologise, but is there any way of filtering My Music (Albums from Tidal in particular) by genre? This is a feature that I did like in Roon. I can’t find any reference to genres in AS, which makes me think I’m looking in the wrong place. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you.

Hello @BrianV,

Thank you for your message. This is something we are looking for to improve the overhaul My music section but If Tidal do not allow us to filter this way, we will not be able to implement it.

What about local music? I don’t want to sort thousand of albums by genre, I just want to shuffle a specific one.

You then need to click on the album and click on the shuffle icon you will see :wink:

A specific genre.

Hi,
create a new smart playlists for your genres, then you can select the genre to play and shuffle away.

1 Like

Then in this case you will have to wait for it since it’s something that as been requested and need to be developed by us :wink:

In the mean time, you can create a smart playlist and with the Genre filter, you can then shuffle all of the content of this playlist:

1 Like

Hello… Now that the new update has sortable genres (and thank you!!) do you think you could just add a shuffle button in the genre window? Would solve this problem right away. I too would love to pick a genre and just tell Origin to shuffle it.

Blessings, and keep up the good work!