Fingerprinter error 401

I have installed Studio 2.8.1.3 in a Debian 12.5 VM running on a TrueNAS system.
I get endless errors “Audio file fingerprinter : error 401 : You do not have permission to view this directory or page.” My music filesystem is mounted with permissions from the user ID which runs audirvana.
Any ideas?

I don’t have experience with TrueNAS, so take the following for what it’s worth (probably not a lot):

• I often see permissions problems with VMs.

• Even if you get it working, running in a VM may not be best for sound quality. Is there an alternative where you can install Audirvana on actual hardware?

Well, if it does not run on the NAS, I have to keep my Mac mini. But the idea was to reduce the hardware running 24/7 if possible.

Can it be installed directly on the Debian-based TrueNAS Scale?

Don‘t know. I have TrueNAS Core.

1 Like

I would guess you could (I know others who have installed .deb apps directly on Scale), but of course that would be a significant change for you.

Given the issues I encountered with Audirvana on Linux I will not change a running system.

1 Like

Certainly can’t blame you for that. If it ever happens that you make the switch to Scale for some other reason, you may want to see about installing Audirvana then. I think it might work without the issues you’ve encountered here.