Freezing & Flickering Upon Launch

Hi, I’m running version 3.5 on Windows 10 on both a desktop PC and a Surface Pro 4. On the desktop, upon launching Audirvana frequently freezes or hangs, the library won’t load, and there is some flickering on and off of the albums. It looks like this:

with some of the album circles flickering in and out. Sometimes, I can click on one album, it will eventually open, and from then on the app works just fine. Other times, it will completely lock up save the flickering and I’ll have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE to close it. This is not an issue on my Surface which is running the same version of Audirvana. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello,

Where are your files located? Are they locally stored, on a NAS or in a external hard drive?

They are on an external HDD. I’ve done it that way with Audirvana for awhile and it wasn’t a problem until recently.

Same here. Got paranoid and did 2 reinstalls of Windows 10, but I have exactly the same issue. The computer freezes up, the hdd light goes mad and only a ctrl-alt-delete can shut the program down.

My files are stored on a USB SSD drive attached directly to the mini PC.

Same here, as stated on another topic, freeze when library loaded on artists page.
A fixed version was promised but still nothing yet, it becomes really boring :frowning:

Hello @walriley , @WaveTheory and @Bozoleclown,

The udpate is now live, in 3.5.38 the issue you have with artist view at startup would be fixed. Please let me know if you still have it after the update.

Thanks for the fix but it doesn’t work for me. First launch OK, tried to switch to another program then back to Audirvana but it freezed, had to kill the app.
Second launch OK on artists page, but then freezes after a few seconds with all covers greyed out, and had to kill the app again :frowning_face:

No change for me either.

Hello @Bozoleclown and @WaveTheory,

I will need your log file and your dmp file, those file can be found here:

C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

You can send it by mail at support@audirvana.com, if your attachment is more than 20MB, send a mail so I can give you a link to upload your file.

Hi @Antoine. I navigated to here:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[id stuff]\LocalCache\Local and just saw a folder titled “Microsoft” - which was empty.

I’ll DM you the second file you requested.

Thanks!

Same here. No change.

I’m running the latest version of Audirvana (3.5.40) and I still have the cover images flash on and off. I’m really frustrated and thinking of ditching this altogether if I cannot get it to work properly from my networked Drobo 5N music library.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.