Help needed please

You are probably right. What I have now is OK, the only thing I COULD maybe improve (and was my main reason for asking) is my PC ONLY has the one slot for SSD, so everything is on a new 2TB SSD, Audirvana, OS, music, documents etc

Hi @Peter1

Does your NUC not have an M2 slot, for an M2 SSD?

I presume so, as I just had a 2tb SSD put in a few months ago. Am thinking of getting a unit that has TWO SSD slots in, so I can have the O/S on a small one and use my 2tb one for everything else. Is there any upside/downside to that, apart from getting basically a new PC?

There is no need to put your music library on an internal SSD. It is even preferable to avoid that. If you put your data on the same drive as your OS and something happens to your OS you lose all your data.

An external USB drive or a connection to a NAS will do fine. Playing nusic form a drive is not demanding and does not need much bandwith at all.

For a dedicated music computer you are completely fine with a NUC with:

• i5 or i7 processor (preferably 8th gen or later)
  • 16 GB RAM or more
  • 256 GB internal SSD (only put Windows, Audirvana and other programs you need on there).
  • External USB drive or NAS for your music library.

so in a nutshell, you are more or less saying, just add a little more memory and use another smaller SSD for my OS?

1 Like

Having the OS and your music collection separated from each other is always a good idea.
So yes I would recommend a small SSD for the OS and the big one for your music.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.