Help with brainstormšŸ’™ "SOLVED" šŸ’™

Hi SteveE,
Have you ever tried to lower the amount of available RAM which Audirvana can use !?!
It llooks like that you have given Audirvana 4002Mb. Try it with something in between of 1000-1500Mb RAM and check!!!
Succes,
mollie

You mean at; low level playback options?
I tryed every thing with that optionā€¦but i didnā€™t solved the hummā€¦but iā€™m right at it to try againā€¦

-Laptop connected with asio driver(chord 1.05)to
pa link to qutest:
humm is there.
-Laptop connected with usb to qutest:
No humm
Very loud (er) output (no problem with that butbjust to let you know)
Left corner 16/48 right 32/48(so the 16bit file plays normal and no hum)

• ram audirvana to 1000-1500 as molly mentioned:
    Humm is stil there
  • tube amp with sensitive speaker drivers and listen with my ear right on the driver:
    Deadquit(almost) turning volume up,ut stays the same level.
    Before these speakers i had Zu audio druids at 100db sensivity, with microrendu (roon) no humm or a buzz out of the driver.

About the qutest output v and it not being a sound tunning parameter; there are lots of subjects within forums whereā€™s ask wich output v other Qutest owners useā€¦ Mostly everybody is saying that 3v has the nicest sound reproductionā€¦ And yes itā€™s louder but not THAT muchā€¦it really gives a more open and free sound productionā€¦ I ainā€™t a know it all and i donā€™t wanna act as one but with critical listening my ears know what they hear and wheter it is right or wrongā€¦or better or less betterā€¦or just different and a taste thing.

Soā€¦ for now iā€™m gonna re read the last section
of this thread and rethink things again and try to find some other possibilities to solve this and test themā€¦and report them.

Just to make sure: groundloop exist at all bithdepts and bitrates ainā€™t it?.. It cannot show up at 16 and 20 bithdepts and disappear at wr bithdeptā€¦ or?

About the last question. I do wonder. whether the Qutest switches to a different hardware configuration at redbook. Where the earthloop does arise. And gone when the DAC switches to the other mode. The question would then be whether Audirvana activates this pure redbook mode and not by other software.

Hi Jakobā€¦ Iā€™m gonna contact Chord with the way you explain thisā€¦i think? Jakob?..thanksā€¦
You do call it a groundloopā€¦ So maybe iā€™m gonna try to find a ifi groundhogā€¦? But then again itā€™s better to hear what Chord is saying about the thing you mentionedā€¦

Other steps:
-Another dac
-Activate Roon again and see what happens there at 16 and 20 bithdeptsā€¦ Just to make sure.

• see if an cd player has the humm ā€¦(does this make sense if i try thisšŸ¤”)

If a cd player gives the redbook at the digital output this is a good test.

Can you see in the DAC the mode it is in? Bit depth and samplerate.
Does it show a different color with Roon, audirvana the CD player?

Iā€™m gonna try the cd playerā€¦ But have to find a digital coax thenā€¦ And a cd player :grimacing:ā€¦ my son got oneā€¦ this week a drive to his mom and get his dac and cd player if possible.

Downsampling an 24bitdept to 16bitdepth song from Qobuz also gives the humm.

And ā€¦when selected 3v as output on the Qutest instead of 2v or 1v ,increases (and vica versa) the humm in loudnessā€¦ the humm is always there but when powering up the output it reveals the hummā€¦
Powering up the volume the humm stays the same levelā€¦

If audirvana is not ā€œresponsibleā€ i will stop whining about itšŸ™„ā€¦

To be sure. Hum = a constant 50hz tone

ā€¦ difficult to describe this hummā€¦iā€™m gonna tryā€¦
Or wait, iā€™m gonna try to catch it on videoā€¦:sweat_smile::grimacing:ā€¦moment pleaseā€¦

ā€¦nice you can hear itā€¦ The crackingcreaking you hear itā€™s not mešŸ˜¬ā€¦itā€™s the IKEA sofa (sorry IKEAā€¦still love the couchā€¦wellā€¦for the moneyā€¦
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:Gotitforfree)

When i unplug my rca cables for example, it makes a more heavy/bass hummā€¦ And louderā€¦

Owā€¦ sorryā€¦i should have press pauseā€¦because the itā€™s dead quiteā€¦

And the humm loudness seems to varie on which song is played at 16 or 20 bitdephtā€¦
Jj cale ;the humm is more noticable
John lee hooker; less noticable as jj caleā€¦still clearly noticable.

Hiā€¦just to let you know; i canā€™t do any testing etc the next days because of my mental healthā€¦
ā€¦

Tryā€™d everything by nowā€¦other dac etc etc etcā€¦same issues. So f.ck bitperfect and upsample thenā€¦ Well, every time there is a lot loid distortion commin up trough the speakersā€¦
Iā€™m done by nowā€¦
Roon is working perfect so now iā€™m forced to go back to roonā€¦:(ā€¦