High CPU Load / Album covers constantly refreshing

Hi, since a while I have problems with Audirvana. It runs on a headless windows audio computer.
The CPU load of Audirvana is even in standby (no playback) very high - 25% with the result that the fan turns on…
If I look then remotely on the desktop - I see that the album covers in the library are always “blinking”. It looks like someone loads the covers again and again. Mostly Covers in the library of Qobuz. (Don’t use many others) Thats really a pity! Would really like to know if there is a solution?

Regards
Sebastian

Hello @sebabe, Can you check your database using the three commands in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

This is really strange now - I had the problem since months now - every day. Just today after I postet this here - it disappeared! All is fine today.
I’ll observe that a few days…

Regards
Sebastian

I have had the same issue reported here with the current latest version on Windows. I figured I would let Audirvana continue, as it appeared to be doing something. I was getting 50% CPU usage and over 21Gb of RAM consumed. Eventually, my system froze and I had to do a hard reset.

In my case, the issue appears to be when Audirvana first opens and it shows the Albums list/icons for my local network.

I experience same problem on 2 different machines.

Please provide solutions ASAP.

Thanks

1 Like

The album art is always reloading when browsing the database. It’s slow, it feels laggy, it uses up a lot of ram. The album art should only be loaded once on startup (and maybe when the maintenance commands are run), and for the rest they should be static.

Hi, looks like I have run into a similar issue. Stopped the player and tried to start it again a few mintues later. Now Audirvana eats up >50% of CPU and >5GiB of DRAM for already more than half an hour. The UI does not react to any mouse click.
(Album covers should not be a root couse here. I connect to an existing itunes music folder- the covers are stored in a separate folder in itunes)
PC restart with no effect. Any suggestion to get the SW running again ?
kind regards,
uwe

Hello @Zero and @UweM, do you have cover art of albums that are more than 1Mb in your library?

Hello Damien, it may be that one or the other cover might be above, but it is only relevant for maybe a 2 dozens of albums anyway. (most albums in my itunes lib retrieved the album art via itunes, only a few albums had the jpg in the media folder).
Meanwhile, I could escape the infinite loop in Audirvana by killing the process and reinstalling your software from scratch. Luckily your well structured preference menu make this convenient.
I would suggest to implement some watchdog logic in Audirvana to prevent it from infinite looping, probably with an option to restore to “factory settings” with a solicited restart. just my 50 cents,
kind regards,
uwe

@Antoine Maybe on a few albums but most of them are less than 1Mb.

Hello @Zero, have you made the update to Audirvana 3.5.40? Does your issue still persist after the update?

Hi @Antoine, yes I still have the issue on 3.5.40.

What is the size of your Audirvana database?

My sqlite file has almost 500 Mb.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.