Hoping to experience MQA

Excellent! It sounds as if the BL is from the earlier manufacture and shows the wrong LED colours. I no longer need to feel puzzled.

Thanks.

On Tuesday, I intend taking the DAC down to the store where I bought it and ask if they will let me take a later model home to try. I will also take the laptop down to have it looked at.

You’re probably going to find what follows difficult to believe but this desktop has (hopefully) just recovered from a major crash. Whether that was partly due to all the unplugging and plugging of the RJ45 ethernet lead and the keyboard (a very early OmniKey model built like a tank that has a detachable cable and I needed to remove it from the desk to give me room for connecting the laptop to the internet). It took ages before I saw any video when I booted up earlier but it seems to be working OK now. It started misbehaving late last night just as I was about to turn it off.when a normally reliable program was not responding. Sometimes I really hate computers.

In case we don’t correspond again, I’d like to take this opportunity of once again thanking you for all your help.with this problem. Just knowing that I had Audirvana set up correctly was worth it.

Regards,
Johnno

Hello Guys, just my first time posting within Audirvana´s forum, I found delighted with such big family of music lovers across the globe. Reading recent post about MQA, I found same experience using Dragong fly Red when setting as Wasapi / Auto MQA Render/Maximum sample rate:384 kHz. I am using Windows 10 pro so I am confused whether my Dragon fly red is capable of decoding reaching 24/352 kHz. as Audirvana right down box displayed?

When I play Tidal MQA What a Wonderful World, Louis A, Audirvana display a 24/192 kHz box information, same as Source MQA blue point 24/192kHz showing the Purple MQA color explained on Audioquest web and limited to maximum sample rate of 24 bits/96 kHz. When I run a new experiment with Gorillaz, Feel Good Inc, source left box and decoder right box show the same 24/44kHz, Dragonfly is still playing in Margenta color, however when I play newest MQA Abbey Road “Come Together” it goes to 24/96kHz on both source/decoding boxes on bottom left and right and keep Margenta color. Finally when playing Mozart Violin concertos MQA remix and 2L - The MQA experience, both albums display again on a marvelous 24/352 kHz quality.

I do the same test using my Audeze Deckard DAC rated 16 to 32-bits and 44.1kHz to 384kHz. Again Audirvana is doing some heavenly magic allowing me to play my Deckard amp connected thru ASIO reaching the amazing quality of 32/384 kHz when this sample rates is only allowed for Mac-based computers, this sample rate 32/384 is also confirmed by XMOS USB Audio 2.0 app running in Windows. Audeze confirmed that Windows is limited to 192 kHz for Windows based USB 2.0 setups. So I am speachless how Audirvana can overpass local sample rates limitation on both Audioquest Red and Audeze DAC.

In conclusion I could be wrong on my results but I have used different headphones for testing for instance: Audeze Sine/ Audeze iSine 10 (Frequency response :10Hz - 50kHz) and Audiotechnica ESW (Frequency response : 5Hz - 40,000 Hz) in order to detect samples rates differences and I can swear to you that listening the 24/352kHz samples on the Audioquest Red I can truly find a difference vs playing normal 24/96kHz using Tidal desktop app.

So my question is the next, if Audirvana is capable to do such amazing sample rates thru its magic algoritms or shall I drink less coffee when listening my favourite music.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Saludos,
DJ Julrich

@Julrich, I see no response to you a month later. I once saw a youtube video by Hans Barkhuyzen where he explained your observations reviewing the Audioquest Cobalt (I think) which is also limited to 96kHz but can unfold MQA all the way to 384kHz. The Node2i which is also limited to 192kHz can unfold MQA to 384kHz. This is an MQA feature. High sampling rates require more power to process which limits DACs that are designed to be powered by phones like the audioquest . MQA though, doesn’t suffer from this since it is transmitted as max 48kHz, the rest is unfolding.

Hi Oznes, thanks for your keen reply and I saw the recommended video and great to know MQA technology allow to unfold to 384kHz, definitely listening above this frequencies everything sounds crystal clear and live. Thus I am very happy about this technological performance supported by Audirvana. à bientôt!