Hoping to experience MQA

Excellent! It sounds as if the BL is from the earlier manufacture and shows the wrong LED colours. I no longer need to feel puzzled.

Thanks.

On Tuesday, I intend taking the DAC down to the store where I bought it and ask if they will let me take a later model home to try. I will also take the laptop down to have it looked at.

You’re probably going to find what follows difficult to believe but this desktop has (hopefully) just recovered from a major crash. Whether that was partly due to all the unplugging and plugging of the RJ45 ethernet lead and the keyboard (a very early OmniKey model built like a tank that has a detachable cable and I needed to remove it from the desk to give me room for connecting the laptop to the internet). It took ages before I saw any video when I booted up earlier but it seems to be working OK now. It started misbehaving late last night just as I was about to turn it off.when a normally reliable program was not responding. Sometimes I really hate computers.

In case we don’t correspond again, I’d like to take this opportunity of once again thanking you for all your help.with this problem. Just knowing that I had Audirvana set up correctly was worth it.

Regards,
Johnno

Hello Guys, just my first time posting within Audirvana´s forum, I found delighted with such big family of music lovers across the globe. Reading recent post about MQA, I found same experience using Dragong fly Red when setting as Wasapi / Auto MQA Render/Maximum sample rate:384 kHz. I am using Windows 10 pro so I am confused whether my Dragon fly red is capable of decoding reaching 24/352 kHz. as Audirvana right down box displayed?

When I play Tidal MQA What a Wonderful World, Louis A, Audirvana display a 24/192 kHz box information, same as Source MQA blue point 24/192kHz showing the Purple MQA color explained on Audioquest web and limited to maximum sample rate of 24 bits/96 kHz. When I run a new experiment with Gorillaz, Feel Good Inc, source left box and decoder right box show the same 24/44kHz, Dragonfly is still playing in Margenta color, however when I play newest MQA Abbey Road “Come Together” it goes to 24/96kHz on both source/decoding boxes on bottom left and right and keep Margenta color. Finally when playing Mozart Violin concertos MQA remix and 2L - The MQA experience, both albums display again on a marvelous 24/352 kHz quality.

I do the same test using my Audeze Deckard DAC rated 16 to 32-bits and 44.1kHz to 384kHz. Again Audirvana is doing some heavenly magic allowing me to play my Deckard amp connected thru ASIO reaching the amazing quality of 32/384 kHz when this sample rates is only allowed for Mac-based computers, this sample rate 32/384 is also confirmed by XMOS USB Audio 2.0 app running in Windows. Audeze confirmed that Windows is limited to 192 kHz for Windows based USB 2.0 setups. So I am speachless how Audirvana can overpass local sample rates limitation on both Audioquest Red and Audeze DAC.

In conclusion I could be wrong on my results but I have used different headphones for testing for instance: Audeze Sine/ Audeze iSine 10 (Frequency response :10Hz - 50kHz) and Audiotechnica ESW (Frequency response : 5Hz - 40,000 Hz) in order to detect samples rates differences and I can swear to you that listening the 24/352kHz samples on the Audioquest Red I can truly find a difference vs playing normal 24/96kHz using Tidal desktop app.

So my question is the next, if Audirvana is capable to do such amazing sample rates thru its magic algoritms or shall I drink less coffee when listening my favourite music.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Saludos,
DJ Julrich