How are we running headless?

Just subscribed. I am coming up against an issue and need to understand how others are working this?

Audivarna on windows PC running headless

Windows set to auto login and audivarna set to auto start

However app seems to want login credentials every time on start.

So I have to RDC to the windows PC

Whereby the audio is taken over and when RDC closed is not released so I cannot hear music.

The only way to run it is to have a RDC window permanently open.

Any insight here?

Welcome! As the Windows version for Audirvāna isn’t a headless version, I am wondering whether you use the PC for other tasks or if it’s meant as a dedicated audio machine.

If the latter then I would opt for installing a Linux distro on the PC (I use Linux Mint myself). In that case the Audirvāna Linux Core Player (which is headless) would be the perfect solution.

Ah that would suit me but I really prefer to pick music with a laptop not a phone

Maybe a tablet would be a sufficient alternative in that case?

But as for your use case: Maybe others can help, I don’t have enough knowledge to tackle the problem there.

:musical_notes: :eye: :nose: :eye: :musical_notes:

Using the Remote app is definitely a good idea. For anything the remote won’t do, you might try Rustdesk rather than RDP and see whether the same problem occurs.

So my understanding is remote app is just for phone which I explained I dont prefer. I will look up rust desk.

Looks like VST on linux will be a PITA so will need to stick with windows.

The remote app also works on a tablet, if that makes a difference… But VST in Linux is something for the devs … @Antoine can you shed a light?

In the Linux version, you have our own integrated EQ, part of our Signal Processing Suite; we don’t support third-party plugins on Linux.

I run Windows 11 with automatic logon to Windows and Audirvāna without the display. I only use the display when I am updating Windows or making changes to audio in Audirvāna Studio. I have the remote app for Audirvāna on an Android tablet and never have to enter my credentials. The setup works well. My computer bios and Windows 11 have been optimized

Every time I start windows audivarna does not successfully start because it asks for credentials

Maybe you could share your debug info?

Once you are logged in, can you please go to Settings> My Account and log in again? Once you have done so, please restart Audirvāna Studio to see if the software asks again for credentials.

I’ve been running Origin as a headless library server on a small always-on box and only opening Studio on the listening machine when I actually want the UI. What helped me most was treating auth and network discovery as the fragile bits: keep the headless host on a fixed hostname or reserved DHCP lease, make sure the Studio machine can resolve that name without VPN weirdness, and re-check the remote connection settings after any OS sleep or network change. If Studio keeps asking for credentials again, I usually clear the saved remote endpoint and re-add it once rather than retrying the same stale session. Happy to compare notes on whether you’re Origin-only or still mixing with an older Studio install.

Thank you what ever was up with that appears to have resolved itself to be honest.

I am getting a lot of weirdness though. For instance doing searches comes back with no results but if I click one of search results tabs I get stuff.

All of this though smacks of an underpowered computer and I heavily suspect that’s my issue here. So the next plan is to improve that end. It sounds so damn good it’s worth the effort

I run Audirvana Origin in an effectively headless system, as I don’t turn on my OLED tv when listening to music. I have Audirvana set to boot automatically when Windows starts. I use my ipad Air as a remote, running Roomie Remote as the general purpose remote control that can wake my PC as well as the AVR, and set the correct output. Then I switch to the Audirvana remote app to control music playback.

I run audio through a USB DAC to the analog CD inputs on my AVR, mainly to avoid the headaches of using HDMI when the TV is off. Windows really hates it when it can’t detect a monitor, so the DAC was my solution.

So far, everything works well enough. I tried running Audirvana directly off my Synology NAS, to see if I can bypass the PC completely, but I just ran into one roadblock after another, so gave up on it.