How to control volume on AA file (Audible AudioBook)

Hi all!
I use the Audirvana volume to control the sound. All is fine, except for AA file (Audible AudioBook?) from Tidal. Sound is always way too loud and I’m not able to lower it from the application. All other formats are fine.

I’d take any suggestions at this point.

Cheers!
Den

Convert Audible AAX/AA to MP3, M4A (AAC, ALAC), FLAC, or WAV

Or… Route these through an analog pre-amp with volume control.

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
Tidal is a steaming service, so no, there’s no converting anything. Unless Audirvana has that option.
Also, if I had a pre-amp with volume control, I wouldn’t have made this post.
:wink:

Can you copy the Debug info while playing an AA and post it here? And a screenshot of how the file is handled by decoding and DSP? If it is a limitation of the software then @Damien will have to be put to work by @Antoine. :wink:

:roll_eyes:It was you that asked for suggestions… you should have provided more information regarding your system capabilities, and sparing us this insipid response… :wink:

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Will do!
Thanks

I use the Audirvana volume to control the sound.

Sorry, I thought I did.
:wink:

And that explains what? …That you use the Audirvana volume control? :roll_eyes: … The only way to know that a user has no outboard pre-amp, is for the user to provide information about the signal-path to the DAC… I personally don’t use volume control in Audirvana, this is done in my headphone amp connected to my DAC… We know nothing about you or your playback system configuration, other than “I use the Audirvana volume to control the sound.” :wink:

Why is it important to route audio-books (AA, AAX) through Audirvana?

Please post your debug info here as @Jacob suggests…

Hi,
Hey, no hard feeling, I know you’re trying to help me.
I’m using Tidal with Audirvana, and the volume control of the app. Why? Because this way I can control everything I need if I’m somewhere else in the house and listening to music. Which happens often.

I’m not re-routing anything, I use the steaming service inside Audirvana (Tidal). So when I listen to a song, the format is pre-defined by them.

Now, whenever I come across an AA, AAX format, the volume goes 100% max and I’m not able to reduce it using the app volume bar. That’s all!

Like someone else suggested, I will try recording debug file.

TIA

The debug file is found under the Settings window → ‘My Account’ → ‘Help’ → ‘Debug Info’

Do you have volume control from the TIDAL desktop app?

Are these music files or audio-book files? … I don’t see why TIDAL would stream music in .aa or .aax format…

It is possible that what you are experiencing, is related to the DRM mechanism imbued in these file types… :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.