How to get macOS version to remember window position / layout between app starts?

Each time I open Audirvana (3.5.37, macOS 10.14.6) I get a similar window position for the app - about 40% of screen size, with LH sidebar closed, RH info window covering 2/3 of window width, and track listing taking the remainder.

I use Audirvana in “Full Screen” mode, and this layout is not helpful in full-screen.

So each time I open the Audirvana app I have to make the same changes to how the app appears: switch to full-screen view - open up LH sidebar, shrink RH sidebar.

Plenty of other macOS apps are able to ‘remember’ the window layout from when they are closed. It would be great if Audirvana could be persuaded to join this club!

Is there some setting I can adjust to achieve this? Or will it take some recoding of the app?

Thanks in advance for any suggestsion / guidance etc.

it should remember it’s place. Try deleting your preferences, they might have a bug.
Yes you will have to check all preferences again in menu and dac prefs on speaker icon
to set them up…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Place your window like it should be.
Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and
com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder
(those are A+ software preferences, back them up or not)

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana. Try done your prefs one more time, and see.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I deleted the preference files, rebooted my system, and reopened Audirvana. Re-entered my license, and set the window to something like my preferred format:

Closed the app, and re-opened. Got a familiar view:

Doesn’t seem to be linked to the preferences file unfortunately.

But thanks again for the suggestion / help. Appreciated.

Update - part of the problem appears to be putting Audirvana into full-screen mode.

I tried rearranging the window but in ‘windowed’ mode rather than full screen.

When I re-opened Audirvana it had ‘remembered’ how big the window was, but internal layout was still screwed up.

If I fix the layout and put it into full-screen and then close the app, when it reopens it now reopens to the ‘new’ size, but with screwed up layout.

This suggests that there are two problems with the App that need to be fixed:

1. When the app is in ‘full-screen’ mode, it remembers the ‘last non windowed’ size, not that it was in ‘full-screen’ mode

2. Whether windowed or full-screen, it seems Audirvana is not ‘remembering’ the layout of panes within the app window between starts of the app

It may be that this is just affecting my computer, if so it would be good to understand how to fix.
If it is a generic problem, then both of these UI issues need to be fixed.

Your application Audirvana is in the applications folder, right? not still in the .dmg image?

Yes, it is in Applications folder. There is nothing obviously odd about the setup here.
When I deleted the preferences, they were recreated in the Library / Preferences folder when app was restarted, and get updated again when app closes.
Since starting this thread the app has updated to 3.5.38 - most recent posting was done using that version of app.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.