How to handle the tagging system and multiple CD albums?

I’ve noticed that Audirvana is getting some odd tags when importing its library and this is sort of the usual when switching players (in my experience at least). What I find it odd is that a lot of fields are not always available and other times are.

Say for exemple that I have a double CD. On my previous player (MusicBee), I will have all tracks under the same album, arranged in CD 1 of 2 or CD 2 of 2. This format is kept for some on Audirvana but, most often, it will split it in 3 albums: CD 1, CD2 and a few tracks on a third album with the same name but no specification. And it breaks the order of the album because that 3rd one will contain random tracks from either CD.

I was able to tag some as Disc 1 or 2 but on many that option doesn’t even show up. Am I doing something wrong or should I just use a different program to Musicbee to tag music files? And which one?

Hi @Kutusov,

Wheat is displayed in the metadata editor when you selected all tracks of this third album?

Hey @Antoine. I figured it out while trying to get screen shots to show you what I meant. You have to select the individual tracks to be edited, even if you do that in batches. I was expecting it to be done just by selecting the album (or piece of album).

Sorry, it’s me still adapting to this new (to me) software :blush:

You can also select one track, hold Shift and select another track and all of the track between them will be selected :wink:

Aha! That’s useful!